Mike
Years ago

Music at Sixers game

Watched the game of foxtel tonight. The first thing i noticed was that the music doesnt really seem to get the crowd into it. Why not do things that invovle the crowd with the music. Things such as when the sixers knock 4 or 5 shots in a row play the song 'the roof the roof the roof is on fire', try to get the crowd to sing along with this and also get the players involved when this happens. Might be a stupid idea but what do you guys think, any other ideas aswell?

Topic #1000 | Report this topic

DJ  
Years ago

My thoughts on that after watching the game on Fox, where was the crowd? Does anyone have some figures, it looked alot emptier than the Wed game vs the Crocs that was televised the other week.

Reply #11091 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Music was good this week (no quiet patches, whereas last week it was really noticeable). Best of the three games so far. My girlfriend loves Call on Me and My, My, My. After Call on Me was played, she was waiting for the other song and it was played within the minute I think. Nice!

She requests less Dr Alban. Actually, no Dr Alban. ;)

Reply #11094 | Report this post

Pitstop  
Years ago

"Hey, ay Music Man, OOH AHHH! Thought you should know, You did OK" By keeping the music on for longer and by following on from clapping after each 36er goal, you already had willing and enthusiastic clapping happening and kept it flowing. The regular beat songs are always better for a crowd to clap to and even the shy ones around me began to loosen up. "2-3-4-5-6-7-8" Can't wait for next week to make even more noise!

Reply #11107 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

I sat on the media bench last night, and thought it seemed a bigger crowd that the week 1 game (missed last week due to my holiday).

There were no official figures given on box scores last night though, but I would have said ranging between 4700-5000. Still well down on what it should have been.

Reply #11114 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

My, my, my is great at basketball. Good to see the Hoods back, but still played during a stretch of fouls etc! Oh well, hopefully next time.

Reply #11116 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

I am told the official crowd was 4650.

Reply #11127 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Here's a thought. If the crowd is approaching 4500 or so and it keeps decreasing, then we may eventually get our dream of playing a full retro night back at the Apollo, with Bill Mildenhall, Eddie Crouch and Ray Hunt patrolling the sidelines, the original 36ers song blaring over the PA, players having to crawl on their knees out of the tunnels ..... oh hang on, someone said they demolished Apollo. Damnit - that ruined that idea!

Reply #11129 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

I have one of the floor boards to start a rebuild !

Reply #11142 | Report this post

____  
Years ago

make that eddie and ray - moses at apollo they only ran 2 man mechanics

Reply #11165 | Report this post

OZBBallDream  
Years ago

keep the music fresh and funky, uplifting and motivating - Dance, R and B,Hip hop, Funk, Reggae

stuff like Jamiroquai is cool..

Reply #11231 | Report this post

Mr. Assist  
Years ago

"Wind beneath my wings" by Bette Midler always tickles my fancy.

Reply #11300 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ha ha... yeah....not

Reply #11303 | Report this post

Music Man  
Years ago

Thanks for the feedback guys. Keep your suggestions/ commenst coming.

Reply #11307 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Kent,

You're damn lucky I couldn't find your whereabouts on Google. You've got one of the floorboards? Name your price to cut it in half and send half of it my way.

Damn I miss that place. Maybe it's the passing of time that makes it better than it was, but it was just "the" place to be.

Add to it that it was sending SA basketball broke and it just seemed like such a good time.

Ah well, c'est la vie. Time to join the rest of the world. I wonder what Mike Dunlap and Dave Claxton are up to ..... and does anyone know what Orlando Phillips did after leaving Adelaide? I still can't believe we sacked Bill Jones.

Reply #11427 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Oops. Correction on that last post. I meant "it wasn't" sending SA basketball broke .....

Reply #11429 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Moses you may still be able to get one from the Woodville Fire Station. I have had mine for a few years an gave one to Dwayne Nelson as a wedding gift, so i dare say they are all gone now but there was a guy stationed there who got a heap of the floor boards sent back from the salvage company in Melbourne.

They were destined to become wood chip apparently....imagine that some Toorak garden has been decorated with the boards from Apollo!!!

Reply #11430 | Report this post

k-money  
Years ago

i went to the sixers game last night against the cavs...music was bumpin'...but im looking for this rap song that they played, and i dont know who sung it.

Reply #28955 | Report this post

hg  
Years ago

NO ADDAMS FAMILY THEME MUSIC NEXT SEASON PLEASE, I HATE IT!!!

Reply #28983 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

k-money, I think we're talking about a different Sixers game to you!

Reply #29007 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:14 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754