fess mate
Years ago

Fans late to games - 36ers and Lightning

After reading snoties article in the paper about people geting to the game late and not geting in on time, you would think is about time the clubs put some better pre-game entertainment on to bring the people in earlier. Last night was great, having got there early to avoid the last minute rush and finding it much cooler in side than out was good, but to my suprise there was a lot of people there watching the kids playing the ball, I think they were from the basketball camp.
So I think I will get there early every week, It's better than waiting in line like the rest of the sheep.
Maybe the lightning can take note and do more for the people that support them.

Topic #10001 | Report this topic

Bear  
Years ago

I was thinking the same,after reading that article from Boti it always amazes me how people turn up to a sporting event minutes before a game then complain because they have to line up.I always arrive at least 3/4to 1 hour before the 6ers and Lightning games and never ever had to wait more than a minute to get in.Pregame is good or you can have something to eat or a nice cold coopers pale ale on tap.Agreat nite out

Reply #114251 | Report this post

Tony Blair  
Years ago

fess mate have you been to any Lightning games this season?

I believe and I'm sure I'll be corrected if I am wrong but during junior season time ie not school holidays and not Lightning/Sixer double headers the women's games have been preceded by some very entertaining and competitive U12 girls games.

Basketball SA has rostered one game from that week to be played as curtain raiser.

Paul Arnott and Colin Jennings have done great jobs in ensuring that the girls have had their names and scores up on the main board and cube.

The women's game on the 23rd was a double header and last sundays game was during School hols but the doors were open early, even if there wasn't any curtain raiser.

Reply #114258 | Report this post

fess  
Years ago

spot on guys,i remember back to the days when we had sell outs every week,i would always try to be there at least 1 hour before the game.people dont seem to learn,tell me how the hell if 1000 people turn up in the last 10 mins before tip off how they all expect to get through the door in time. people near me always whinge about it but still turn up at the last minute,its not rocket science get there a little earlier and stop the bleating.imagine if we had a sell out and everyone thought the same and turned up 10 mins before,id like to see 8000 try and get inside in 10 mins,wake up people the doors open at 5.15 not 7.00 get in early so you wont be disappointed

Reply #114259 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

totally agree - walk up last minute - your problem - get there early - sit back and enjoy - agree not rocket science

Reply #114270 | Report this post

fess  
Years ago

hey Bear,what do u mean Pale Ale,thought u loved Dr Tims in a can!!!

Reply #114274 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sometimes it is a bit hard to get there early due to work commitments and then on Wednesdays you are always copping the traffic trying to get there.

Reply #114282 | Report this post

skudpud  
Years ago

If I got their earlier than I do, I'd be drunk by the start of the bloody game. We get there about 15-20mins before the game, spend 5 mins getting in and buying a beer, sit down 2-3mins before the game starts.
Works everytime, and it gives me more time to do other thing at home. Ofcourse if I am late, then I understand its my fault but it hasnt happened yet.

Reply #114292 | Report this post

skudpud  
Years ago

If I got their earlier than I do, I'd be drunk by the start of the bloody game. We get there about 15-20mins before the game, spend 5 mins getting in and buying a beer, sit down 2-3mins before the game starts.
Works everytime, and it gives me more time to do other thing at home. Ofcourse if I am late, then I understand its my fault but it hasnt happened yet.

Reply #114293 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Hey Fess I do like Dr Tims same drop as Pale Ale only in a can,but we wont start that debate again ?

Reply #114322 | Report this post

fess  
Years ago

hey bear,might have to catch up with you at one of the games and have a pale ale or two,what about fess mate as well

Reply #114333 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dr Tims tastes like s***. Pale ale is lot better.

Reply #114432 | Report this post

and add  
Years ago

Add to this you have to put up with these disorganised 'always sorry I'm late mate' type people streaming past you to get to their seats, which always seem to be at the other end of the row from the walkway. And add to these is the turkeys that always leave during the last quarter, once again interrupting your viewing as they move along the row. And what the heck, since I am on a role, add those who just can't seem to get back to their seats before the quarter begins. Sadly though, can't even suggest locking the doors or banning people as we need all th efans we can get..

Reply #114535 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:05 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754