cal's bruton
Years ago

Anyone remember mario donaldson?

Yeah, me too. I wonder what hes doing now, I have a feeling hes in jail. Keep your head up super mario.

Topic #10004 | Report this topic

JohnnySack  
Years ago

Don`t mix him up with his running mate Isaac "That was an honest to god miss - i would never EVER shave points" Burton... I thought Mario Donaldson was a decent bloke (and a fine player!!!) - wasn`t he on some Christian Television Association advertisments as well (making him the Michael Aish of the NBL)...

Reply #114289 | Report this post

cal's bruton  
Years ago

wow really?. In that case im sorry, he just struck me as a thugish type, he was good, you know if he still plays?.

Reply #114291 | Report this post

Manute Bol  
Years ago

I can sense another Cecil Exum thread coming up....

Reply #114298 | Report this post

mario donaldson  
Years ago

no im not in god damn f#@*+*@ jail,im a good law abiding citizen,who the hell are you ,im a solid christian citizen,just ask my former jail friend "bubba"

Reply #114301 | Report this post

Manute Bol  
Years ago

Thanks for clearing that one up for us Mario

Reply #114309 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

No, Mario was the clean-cut nice guy! First he was teamed up with Leaping Leon, then came the little snot Isaac "Ice" Burton.

Mario was a super-smooth import, too good for Sydney's string of crap ones.

Reply #114314 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

....and deffo no thug either, more a weedy looking christian dude.

Reply #114315 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

His gold tooth did make him look sus at first blush tho... Of course that was before it was "gangsta" to have that... But he was a pretty erudite and humble guy - one of my fave NBL imports from the 90's...

And yes he was one of the better imports that the Kings have had...

Reply #114321 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

I mentioned this in another thread a while back, but hands down the best ever NBL dunk contest featured Donaldson, Trimmingham, Calvin Talford and eventual winner Brett Rainbow (despite him being the 4th best dunker of the group - damn celebrity judge Elle McFeast).

Reply #114330 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

Last mention could find was of him playing in cyprus in 99 and averaging 25.5, 3.5 and 1.5 ...

Reply #114401 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

I've got that contest on video billo - bloody awesome.

Man Talford had some hops.

Reply #114404 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

as of 04/05, was assistant coach of a high school bball team in hononegah, illinois

Reply #114405 | Report this post

First of Mario Donaldson is my uncle. He is not in jail. He was coaching a team but it was for the Boys and Girls club. He is now working as a police officer in Rockford, IL. Now you know the real truth!!

P.S.
If you think he is "thugish" you should meet me. Please keep your rumors to yourself.

Reply #170222 | Report this post

Sharidene  
Years ago

I remember Mario from way back when he played in Canada - glad to hear he is still alive, lookin fine and not in jail. Loved the slam dunk video - can you still perform?

Reply #184796 | Report this post

mario is a good coach and good guy and i know that cause i know him personally so if u dont kno him dont bash him...

Reply #202151 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i remember him.
how could i ever forget?
he waz the best basketball coach i ever had!!

Reply #202731 | Report this post

One thing about the world wide web you can bash who you like, but to set the record str8, I see my daughter has told it like it really is and I could not be more proud. My good brother has never been in jail, never broke the law a father of 4 kids, and the husband to the same wife for the past 16 years. He is a deputy sheriff and making a difference in his community. He plays ball for recreation and pleasure purposes, but do not get it twisted, he can still run rings around anybody.... He is a force to be reckoned with!!!!!!! So we all remember him and love him and is saying GO HEAD BOY!!!!!

Reply #202850 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

One person guessed he might've been in gaol and was probably just confusing him with another player. Everyone else has spoken of him in positive terms.

Reply #202857 | Report this post

vibrant thang  
Years ago

i work with him in rockford, il. he is a great guy. and no he is not in jail

Reply #204320 | Report this post

I'm the real "Supermario". I live in Illinois and I'm 40 years old. I retired from pro basketball in 2001. I've been married 17 years(happy) and I have 4 kids (three boys and a girl) my oldest is in the 11th grade, he's a very good player as well(point Guard), maybe the second coming of "supermario". Oh by the way his name is Mario Donaldson. Its very nice of everyone to remember me. Yes, I still believe in Jesus Christ for salvation.

PS. I can still dunk with the best of them. Don't forget to watch me on U tube. Just type Mario Donaldson on Google.com.

Reply #206404 | Report this post

sydcity  
Years ago

I got his jersey from 94

Reply #369495 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:19 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754