Ta4L
Years ago

Christian Teams in America

Hey, wat information does anyone have, if any, on the Christian teams playing in America atm?!

Topic #10010 | Report this topic

#21 Spurs  
Years ago

Try

utahjazz.com

Reply #114380 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

ba ha ha ha ha
Gold # 21

Reply #114382 | Report this post

#21 Spurs  
Years ago

I couldn't resist.

It was there to be hit.

Reply #114383 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

Yep, and I bet the MORMON community of Utah appreciate being labeled CHRISTIANS. Ah well, any religion will do, eh?

Reply #114395 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think you will find the Christians wouldn't appreciate the Mormons being called Christian either but anyway. I wouldnt even think too many of the players playing for Utah would necessarily be Mormons not that many players play for their local team these days - except the 36ers still think that should be the case

Reply #114399 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That is the whole joke Melvin you idiot.

Reply #114403 | Report this post

TK  
Years ago

Oral Roberts
Colorado Christian
etc
etc
There are hundreds. What is it that you are looking for?

Reply #114418 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

oh, sorry, i get it now. i just thought that jokes were meant to be funny ... apologies.

Reply #114429 | Report this post

Ak-47  
Years ago

Well actually Melvin, the mormon community of Utah WOULD appreciate being called Christians.... because they are! ( the official name of their church is "The Church of JESUS CHRIST Of Latter Day Saints")
As far as current players playing for Utah, i dont think any are mormons.....but former Jazz forward Thurl Bailey is....as well as Former Phoenix Sun Danny Ainge. Other Mormons that have played or are playing are in the NBA, include Shawn Bradley, Tom Chambers, Casey Jacobsen, Travis Knight, Scot Pollard and Mark 'Mad Dog' Madsen...
Just for your information....!!!
i hope you have all enjoyed your religious education this afternoon...!!!

Reply #114446 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ok I can see this turning into a religious debate so lets not do that, but mormons aren't christians :)

Reply #114450 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Atheletes in Action

This is a group who tour around playing various sport as their ministry. They used to come out to Australia and play NBL teams as part of pre season training when we were playing winter season. I reckon we almost signed one of the players and I think from memory canberra might have signed him - sorry cant remember anymore detail.

There are a few books around, the God's of Sport and The Winning Edge (I think) with testimony from a number of Christian sports people - including David Robinson and a number of others - I'll dig the book out for ya if you want - sorry but mine has most of the autographs of the people in the book so I am not loaning it out even :)

Reply #114451 | Report this post

Ak-47  
Years ago

Your a classic (#114450) you say
"Ok I can see this turning into a religious debate so lets not do that, but mormons aren't christians :) "
Good to see you know everything... thats right people who follow Jesus Christ, couldnt be Christians....now i wonder where that name came from????
....but hey lets not start a religious debate!

Reply #114455 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

you missed the smiley ak-47

I am happy to turn this into a religious debate (cos I am on the winning side) - they might call themselves Christians - but I call myself a car doesn't me one

Reply #114470 | Report this post

Ak-47  
Years ago

OK mate....

maybe we should agree to disagree :)

and get back to the basketball!!!

Cheers!!!!!

Reply #114476 | Report this post

Brian Griffin  
Years ago

Christian teams in America - WHOA-O
Christian teams in America - WHOA-O
Everybody live for the music go round!
NA NA NA NA NA
NA NA NA NA NA

Reply #114498 | Report this post

nutter  
Years ago

i believe the post is supposed to be about the australian christian school girls and guys teams touring the states at the moment!!

teams were picked from the national christian school tournament played in melbourne this year.. guys team is very strong made up of mostly state players from vic, SA, WA and QLD

girls are without the same depth but will still hold there own!!

Reply #114616 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:19 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754