anon12
Years ago

A FAIRY TALE

Once upon a time there was a princess who was very athletic and really wanted to play sports with the boys. Alas, as a princess this was not allowed and she had to play sport with the girls and lo and behold she chose basketball. Now the princess was talented, and as her legend grew she needed new goals that were only available away from home. The princess eventually moved to this new area and because of her talent achieved some success and was mentioned in the periodicals and tabloids of the day. The princess was next chosen to represent her own country at a higher level and THE TEAM was successful. The princess now received more accolades and was recommended for awards as an individual even though her success was with THE TEAM. When the princess returned to her home country she now started to believe the publicity that she was receiving and became petulant, didn't want to train the same as other people and didn't like the colour of the car they gave her. People outside the royal circle recognised there was a problem but the King and Queen did nothing to save the princess from herself. Fans of the princess became less than happy with her attitude and decided that other members of her team were more deserving of their support. And it came to pass that because of her attitude the officials of her national team even became disgusted to the point where the princess was not required to serve THE TEAM.
"BUT THEN OF COURSE THIS IS A FAIRY TALE"

Topic #10011 | Report this topic

lockstock  
Years ago

did you take your medication this morning?

Reply #114402 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is that you Mr Lucas?

Reply #114407 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Which player of the opals is this

Reply #114408 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

E.P.

Reply #114409 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No
Not Erin Phillips surely

Reply #114410 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Unless I'm mistaken, it's a comment on Erin Phillips. Whether it is fiction or non-fiction is left for the reader to decide I guess. Sounds like one of those things where everyone has their view and is not quite a black or white issue?

Reply #114414 | Report this post

ok then  
Years ago

Well here's the thing... South Australia and to a degree Australia have for whatever reason made Erin the pin up girl for women's basketball. Not saying that's right or wrong, it just is how it is. We are talkiing however about a 21 year old girl, who, whilst I hesitate to paint her as a powerless pawn in the game, has probably to a large extent been making it up as she goes along. At times there has no doubt been some attitude, at times she has perhaps made some decisions she might not want to make again, but the bottom line is she has probably been doing the best she can under quite a substantial ammount of pressure and expectation. It seems to me that there may be a slight double standard in place where we insist that Erin will be the bright shiney poster girl of women's basketball(and, just quietly, she does consistantly deliver)but god help her if she starts to believe she's special. Not making excuses for her as such, I just think it's a tough ask.

Reply #114425 | Report this post

kat  
Years ago

cant believe the stuff that gets posted on E.P these days. For god sakes will someone PLEASE give this girl a break. Regardless as to why they chose her to be the "poster girl" for womens basketball or not, what we should be looking at is what a fantastic job she has done to promote womens sport and what she has achieved at just 21 years old!
The people who continue to rubbish her name i say, get a life and try and do something even slightly close to what this girl has done!!
Jealousy is a curse!! try to remember this..

Reply #114428 | Report this post

Neptuneboy  
Years ago

Whateva happened to the simple fairy tales like Little Red Riding Hood?
Next it'll be Little Red Riding Hoops!
I can just imagine...
LRRH has gone to shoot some hoops with Granny. The wolf comes along. "What big hands you have mr wolf". "The better to reject your shots with, little red riding hood"

Reply #114431 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

check out Erin's stats tonight, and all you knockers just "shut the hell up"
what is wrong with the people in this country?
I know it's the "tall poppy syndrome" and 50% of the population suffer from it.
she is a brilliant basketballer, and let's face it MOST of the NBL players have attitudes and big ego's, and everyone accepts it.
plus they are paid 10 times more than their female counterparts.

we should all encourage and applaud Erin for what she has done in her short time. "go erin"

Reply #114496 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

you mean 'short poppy syndrome' don't you.
On another tack, in response to the Lightning proposed nude calendar, the sixers are considering doing likewise. However, it will have to be a semi nude calendar along the lines of no balls on show.

Reply #114499 | Report this post

Rotate on this  
Years ago

I think that Erin with all of her commitments over the last couple of years ie. Lightning , Opals , WNBA , Slowdowns LOL etc should be permitted to have the occasional training off as long as it is about body , mind and soul management and or balance .
She is a world class act so jealous cats withdraw the claws unless we can all witness a nude catfight .
I will shoot the thing and we can make a calender out of it .

Reply #114525 | Report this post

Rotate on this  
Years ago

BTW anon 12 , your fairytale , how shall i say it ... sucks the big one .
Geeeeez how many times do i have to tell you kids , stay in school.

Reply #114528 | Report this post

colonel clink  
Years ago

graf did she knock back your caps offer for 2007/8 ?

Reply #114529 | Report this post

and add  
Years ago

oops, sorry anon12 - I thought you were talking about Shane Heal.......

Reply #114536 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:29 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754