ideas needed for the replacement of the trumpet

now that all the fun chant starting things have been banned at the dome thanks to the league,(my trumpet, my megaphone, the seals supporter horns) i was wondering if anyone had any thoughts as to what the sixers could introduce to bring back that intimidating factor to the dome.

i thought about sourcing a new supplier for the original clappers. they where the greatest but thats going to take time and money

any ideas anyone

Topic #10038 | Report this topic

Jimmy_The_Snitch  
Years ago

Barmy Army, Barmy Army, Barmy Army.....just sing Barmy Army all night and you will have a good time.

Reply #114704 | Report this post

Silence with the courteous clap and jolly good play

Reply #114711 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

i really want them to sell cow bells, no real connection to bball just thought thousands of them would sound massive, especially on free throws.

Reply #114713 | Report this post

Kev  
Years ago

As you probably know from that game a couple of weeks ago that i spotted you at, they use thunder sticks at the cage in Melbourne, so perhaps we should look into them?

Reply #114714 | Report this post

Matt Ryan  
Years ago

Put would you wanna give fans THE CLAP???

Reply #114716 | Report this post

Matt Ryan  
Years ago

BUT would you wanna give fans THE CLAP???

Reply #114717 | Report this post

Patty45  
Years ago

Cow bells installed on every seat and free drumsticks at the door???

Reply #114722 | Report this post

Sector 7G  
Years ago

Here's a thought... get the team to play good spirited team basketball.
That ought to get the crowd pumping.
No artificial stimulants required!

Reply #114728 | Report this post

I was watching an old game against north melbourne at the dome from 95. it was great to hear the clappers, very distinctive. I compared it to the game I watched on 9 yesterday at the cage. no comparison give me the clappers anyday.

i like the idea of a cow bell, the cheersquad had one a few years ago but I fear it might come under the definition of musical instrument.

thanks for everyones input keep those ideas coming.

Reply #114730 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

slighty off topic, but i always thought it would be a great idea when opposition shooting foul shots, for everyone to be dead silent until just before they shoot it, then shout at the same time. i would think that would be really off putting, as opposed to a steady raise in noise level. probably be impossible to setup, would need the courtside announcer to organise it.

Reply #114736 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

How about clapping sticks like the ones melbourne has. I was suprised how well they work.

Reply #114740 | Report this post

Ryno  
Years ago

How about a banjo??

Reply #114794 | Report this post

russzz  
Years ago

How about an old fashion hand held cardboard megsphone? Can you immagine a few hundred of these scattered through the crowd?

Reply #114817 | Report this post

once again thanks for the ideas. i will try and run some of these past the club and see if i get a yes.

rookie

Reply #114864 | Report this post

WhoCares  
Years ago

.. the clappers are f***ing annoying.. sorry. No Clappers please.... there is always some little turd who will sit behind you all night with it right in your ear.

ShaneD

Reply #114918 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

what about just mooning the shooter.

Reply #115940 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:20 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754