AK-47
Years ago

Powell or Newley?

If they are both selected in the NBA draft who will go first?

Topic #10045 | Report this topic

hurley  
Years ago

Powell, newley would be close tho

Reply #114805 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

yeh Powell is a more consistent player IMO.

Reply #114811 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Hasn't Carlos already entered a draft before? If so, I'd take a wild guess and say Newley....

Reply #114812 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Carlos Powell is currently in an environment which allows him to dominate. He has clearly proven if given the shots he can score, like most NBA players would at a lesser level than the NBA, but he has also proven he isn't a winner. If you break it right down, i believe Newley would go ahead of Carlos, plus he is an Australian...that 'feature' will sell tickets alone!

Reply #114824 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

What's the age difference?

What kind of player do most teams need?

Which player would best play under the NBA style?

Reply #114831 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Powell is 23, Newley almost 22. Newley would be a better shooter and could thus play SG. Powell is much stronger, but could be a little short for SF - would give up a couple of inches on the marquee SFs in the NBA.

Reply #114892 | Report this post

Richmond Oilers  
Years ago

carlos powell is 200cm i think he is definetly capable of playing SF in the NBA

Reply #114928 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

200cm is still giving up a couple of inches, as Isaac said, and even more to the Garnetts and Nowitzkis, even AK47s of the league. 200cm is a bad height to be in the NBA, you're prob a little too short for the 3 spot and won't likely have the skills/quicks for the 2. I think that is Carlos Powell to a tee

Reply #114956 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Skillwise, he'd probably match up with the PFs, but just wouldn't have the height. Yeah, there was Barkley, but (a) he was a freak and (b) I don't know that Powell is quite that shrewd.

If we see Powell back, it will be somewhere like Cairns, Brisbane or Gold Coast I think.

Reply #114959 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

Powell will suit perfectly as an NBA SF with his strength, quickness... and rebounding dont think height will be a problem look at Maggette, Desmond Mason, Iguodala, Charlie Bell (lol 6'3" SF).
However, still think Newley will go higher he would fit into any NBA team nicely as he will be capable of being a rollplayer for a while and i just cant see carlos powell being like that and Newls probably has more potential in the long run. anyway we'll see.

Reply #115078 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

OK, my post has seemed to go over some heads. Carlos Powell CAN'T enter the NBA draft. He already did back in 05 (Bogut's draft) and went undrafted. You can't enter multiple drafts, therefore he won't get drafted higher than Newley...

Brad will be a 2G in the NBA, while Carlos would be a SF/PF. He would probably be able to play both spots, Ruben Patterson stlye. Use his hustle and strength to get the job done. 6'6 is a little undersized, but he'll only ever be a role player, so if he does make it, he should get by.

Hey X, have seen those guys though, not only are they 2/3 men, but Maggette is tank, Igoudala and D-Mas would s#~t on Powell athleticism wise, and Bell is a 1/2/3 and that's only because Stotts thinks having a line-up full of guards jacking up 3's all night is going to get him a 'chip.

Reply #115175 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:16 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754