Isaac
Years ago

Bogut vs Charlotte today (spoiler)

Another nice line for the Bogut-doubters.

Today, the Bucks got up over Charlotte without Villy, Redd, Williams and so on.

Boykins led all scorers with 30 points, but check out Bogut's statline:

27 points (12/15 FG), 11 rebounds and 6 assists. Add in 3 blocks and a single turnover in 38 minutes.

(For those who remember the HSA count of statistical influence on a game - that's 59.5. His nearest rivals in that game were Boykins and Okafor with 44.5 each.)

Topic #10051 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

$$$$$$$$$

Reply #114881 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Finally Bogut has been getting big numbers consistently!

Reply #114886 | Report this post

mark  
Years ago

That is a quality line by the Bogey-man. Charlotte have a reasonable front court with Okafor, Brezec and May.

Hopefully Stotts will finally take note that his #1 pick can actually play and find a way to get him some more of the ball when Redd and Williams return.

Reply #114890 | Report this post

bogut is da man  
Years ago

Bogut is proving that he is worth bein the number #1 draft pick.
If they dont start dishin him the ball more when Redd returns, Stotts oughtta be slapped.

Reply #114901 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Thats what i like to see from the big fella.....some decent consistent numbers

Watch it all drop but when the black hole - Redd returns from injury..lol

Reply #114916 | Report this post

Lloyd Braun  
Years ago

Finally he is getting some consistent minutes and looks from the guards. Not surprising seen as Mo and Redd have been out the last few games.

Reply #114917 | Report this post

Who Me!  
Years ago

Lloyd you just like it that the Bucks have a shorter Point Guard than you now!

Reply #114945 | Report this post

philnaldo  
Years ago

Screw those over dribbling shot happy guards, if they don't get Bogut involved in the offense more they won't improve and if this is the case then fire the idiotic coach

Reply #114948 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Boguts numbers since Mo and Redd went down have been outstanding.

21.3 points per game
17.7 rebounds per game
4 assists per game
65.9 FG%
14.7 shots per game

The important point is the 14.7 shots per game. Surely this will demonstrate to dumbarse Stotts that when Bogut gets his shots he's money.

65.9 fg% is outstanding, and the 4 assists are an additional bonus. He also I think in the top 5 in the NBA for charges drawn.

I also hope that Redd and Mo are watching these games and understand that when given the ball Drew will perform. Both their eyes should be wide open with Bogut's performance. Just think, a scoring, rebounding performing bigman in Bogut that commands double team will lead to more open shots for Redd and Mo. I just hope it doesn't make them bigger chuckers than they already are.

Reply #114980 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Bogut is a player......a mate of mine, who has been in assistant coaching roles in the VBL, told us......watch out for Bogut...he will make the NBA one day, and will be better than Longley

I followed him thru College, and thought .....shit he has a chance

Stotts, and forgive the language ...is a F-Wit

He has a 7 footer that can pass rebound, and shoot the rock

If i was the coach, or the owners of the bucks, i would trade Redds arse

Isnt it amazing how Boykins, a TRUE PG with scoring ability can come in and turn things around....since the trade

Boykins has excelled, and so has Bogut

im rapt....lol....i know Isaac i have bagged him.....but

I want Bogut to become a player in the NBA

I love Boykins

I hope they both do well in Milwaukee

Someone get me a tissue....lol

Reply #115030 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I actually laughed at the end of that post.

You're a Bogut convert I take it?

It's unfair to criticise him as being a poor first pick when he just hasn't been used to his full potential. I think, if anything, it's probably been very good for him to have a grounding as a team player before trying to do too much.

Reply #115037 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Look .....i agree

But.....when the shots arent there to take, as a big man .....what do you do

Get the rebounds

Look at Ben Wallace, look at Rodman

They did the little things to make the fans appreciate them

Only now, have i seen that in Bogut

Why, in gods name, does it take a Injury to its biggest Shot HOGs in Redd and Mo Williams to get the bloke moving

BTW Isaac.....may i add.....i love what you do here

this is the best forum i have ever taken part in

If your ever in Melb.....i owe you a beer my friend

Reply #115046 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

So Fez, you've known about him since he was a junior, followed him through college and also through his NBA career to date. And after being such a hardcore follower you have come round full circle in your opinion of him on the strength of just 2 games. Compared to 4 years leading up to those 2 games.

Forgive me if your posts lack credibility.

Reply #115048 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

no Billo

I know the Kid had it in him

I said im sick of him posting shit numbers, and in hindsight, thought the pressure of the number 1 pick may be playing on his mind

Yes he is playing under a shit coach.....so was i in Jnrs....but that didnt stop me from giving 120% each game

The little things that go
un-noticed count in my opinion

Personally...I hate Redd....get rid of the hog and Bogut's game will improve

BTW.....its been more than 2 games since i made the call....is he worthy of No.1 Pick

Reply #115056 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Ok, three games (I forgot about his 20 point 24 rebound game). My point remains valid.

Your initial outburst against him referred to the numbers he was putting up, but now you're coming out saying it's the little things that matter to you. Things that don't turn up in the scoresheet perhaps? Is it possible that Bogut was busting his arse, setting picks, boxing out, altering shots and playing tough D in the games you considered him to be a failure in?

You also mention that good players go after rebounds when shots don't come their way. Bogut is leading the Bucks in rebounds this year (in the top 20 overall) and sits ahead of fellow former 1 draft pick big man Elton Brand despite playing 6 less minutes per game. He is the 2nd leading rebounder from the Sophmore class (pulling in 2.3 more boards than 3rd). I think it's fair to say his rebounding is ok.

It just seems like you were a little hasty to hang sh!t on Bogut, and now he's had a few great games you're keen to jump on the bandwagon you were writing off 7 days ago.

Anyway, who cares, the point is you're on board the Bogut train now. Welcome.

Reply #115067 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Thanks Billo.

Im just glad he is starting to produce the numbers

Hopefully things dont revert back to the same old ways when Redd returns

Reply #115137 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:32 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754