Moses Guthrie
Years ago

Big NBA trade: Pacers and Warriors

Indiana and Golden State agreed to a monster trade overnight. Anyone want to take a bet on how long it takes Jermaine O'Neal to do an Iverson/Artest now?

INDY GETS:
Troy Murphy
Mike Dunleavy
Ike Diogu
Keith McLeod

GSW GETS:
Al Harrington
Stephen Jackson
Sarunas Jasikevicius
Josh Powell

Topic #10081 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Still seems to be talk of Jaric swapping with Nazr too. And there's always the suggestion that Maggette will get traded.

Reply #115253 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Also Jason Kidd is believed to be on the trading block as well.

An Eastern GM contact the Nets about Vince, and Thorn asked him if he'd be interested in trading for Kidd.

Reply #115264 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looks like indy got the better end of that trade.

Reply #115280 | Report this post

mark  
Years ago

I cant see JO demanding a trade through the media. He saw first hand the circus that went on when Artest did the same thing. I think he would ask the GM for it, if things got really bad.

Harrington doesn't fit next to JO. He was playing out of position at SF and hindering the development of Danny Granger.

Dunleavy and Murphy have horrible contracts, but hopefully they should fit with JO slightly better.

Getting rid of Jackson and gaining Diogu are the main reasons the Pacers do this trade.

I'd be suprised if the Pacers GMs are done dealing just yet.

Reply #115281 | Report this post

olskoolgamer  
Years ago

Yeah I think the Warriors got the better end of the deal by far.

They got rid of two average overpaid players, who had both fallen out of Nellie's running system. The only negative for them is losing a potential solid player in Diogu, and taking on the risk of Jackson. Harrington will still be good for 15 pts, 10 reb a game for any team.

Indiana are left with a winging O'neal, and some average players to surround him in Dunleavy and Murphy. Did Indiana think they didn't have enough white guys on their team or something? I think they could have gotten more for Jackson and Harrington.

Reply #115312 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeh my mistake when i said Indy got the better end of the deal, i meant to say GSW did but was in la la land.

Reply #115342 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Also i would like to add that in my view Jasikevicius is an extremely underrated player. After watching him at the last olympics i was astounded that he was not playing in the nba. I remember he killed just about every point guard he played against, he shot the lights out just about every game I watched. I think if he was given the starting role and given a decent amount of minutes per game he would flourish. Im not saying he should get the starting role in GSW because there is no way he will over Baron, in fact his minutes will probably decrease significantly compared to Indy. But if he was at a club struggling at the point position, like portland for example. I think he would more then hold his own as his confidence grew.

Reply #115343 | Report this post

mark  
Years ago

Jasikevicius is a talented player, but I doubt we will ever see an outburst like he had in the Olympics, from him in the NBA.

I think he should do pretty well for Golden State, who dont play a whole lot of defense. His big weaknesses are his ball handling and perimeter defense. He is a smart player, has great court vision and is a good passer and is a streaky shooter for the outside. But he needs the ball to be effective.

So does Al Harrington, so does Baron Davis, so does Monta Ellis, so does almost every single Warriors player now. It remains to be seen how well its all gels together.

The Pacers lost in terms of talent, but the talent they had wasn't fitting together very well, so something had to be done. Despite being overpaid I think Dunleavy and Murphy will do significantly better playing for Carlisle than they were for Nellie.

Jackson was border-line untradable, it took taking on two bad contracts for the Pacers to move him. They had been trying to move him for quite some time.

Reply #115356 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:06 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754