123abc
Years ago

36ers V Kings

Big match, the Sixers need a win but i doubt it will happen. I tip Kings by 13

What do you think the starting 5 will be on who do you tip to win?

Topic #10114 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Game underway.

36ers down 5-12 after five minutes. Looks like Cooper is playing and Majstrovich and Ng started.

Reply #115792 | Report this post

billups 1  
Years ago

well thats a positive start to the match! jokes, 23 - 7 3mins left in the 1st.

Reply #115793 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

Yes it is going quite nicely once more!

Reply #115794 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We're not going too well.

Is there any radio coverage?

Reply #115795 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

26-9 Sixers down by 17.

Very nice indeed.

not....

Playoffs are officially SCREWED.

Reply #115796 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

34-10 down, less than 2 minutes to go first quarter. Yes Phil, we have to "keep winning".

Reply #115797 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

34 to 10 down - this is going to be a disgrace!

Reply #115798 | Report this post

billups 1  
Years ago

For some reason i smell a blowout! They should let Dodman run loose, after all they have got nothing to lose do they?

Reply #115799 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We simply dont have the artillery this year, and even more so now without willie to be super competitive.

Reply #115800 | Report this post

give the boys a chance to gel -so what kings out to a bit of a flyer game will settle
back by 10 by half time be good result

Reply #115801 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Get ready for the biggest loss in 36ers history.

Reply #115802 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

At least Ng has started well again - Phil should take the boy off

Reply #115803 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

Quite right Squid, can't have anyone hitting more than one shot in a row!

Jesus Christ we suck!

Reply #115804 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

Back to 15 now, here we go! As that courtside announcer said one this season when we were about 25 points down with less than a minuet to go "come on sixers fans, let's bring em home!" I could not believe my ears that night!

Reply #115805 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We're closing the gap a bit...35-20

Reply #115806 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Similar story in Melbourne with the Tigers getting out to a 9-0 start before the Breakers pulled it back - currently 33-29.

36ers trail by 18.

Surely Maher won't be scoreless at half-time? Has just been subbed out for Sutton.

You'd think Smith, when he's on, is covering Maher?

Reply #115807 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

How many freaken 3pt shots have the Kings made?

It's like a 10-1 ratio.

Reply #115808 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Have the live scores frozen? Or has there been an incident on court?

Reply #115809 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

53-31 at half-time. Worthington 12, Smith 10, Beasley, Hinder 9. For Adelaide, Ng with 9, Horvath 8.

Maher scoreless.

Boards: 30-19 favouring Sydney.

Reply #115810 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

Great boardwork from Cooper though!

Reply #115811 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Dodgy live scores again!

Reply #115812 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

im gonna put it out there and say that we will come back and win.

Reply #115813 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NZ up by 1 against tigers 56-55

Reply #115814 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

Who would be guarding Worthington and Smith?

Reply #115815 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

"im gonna put it out there and say that we will come back and win."

Kings 64-Sixers-41

so much for that.

Reply #115816 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

I see where you are going with this Squid, but I think it would be Maher on Smith, and Majstro on Worthington.

Reply #115817 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

Dodman in. Good.

Reply #115818 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

There both getting the sh*t beaten out of them that's for sure.

Reply #115819 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

29pts down.

No more to say.

Reply #115820 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeeeaaaah i was tryin to show some faith

Reply #115821 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

i have been trying all year. All the petrol is gone.

Sixers have 10 fouls against them this quarter (3rd) to the Kings 1

Reply #115822 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

31pts the difference now. Another foul from the Sixers, 11-1

Reply #115823 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Dodman on.

Reply #115824 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Go Jordy!

Reply #115825 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This is pathetic

Reply #115826 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

Anyone want to take a stab at the final margin? I'll say 42.

Reply #115827 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

i notice erik burdons not on the list wasnt he brought into the side ? if so why isnt he over there,

Reply #115829 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

Only allowed to suit 10 players for the road games Thomo, 12 for home games.

Reply #115831 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

50 points my tip.

Can the match/entire Sixers season get much worse?

Reply #115832 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

thanks mutley wasnt sure on that one but figured it would be something like that

Reply #115833 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

"Can the match/entire Sixers season get much worse?"

It just did. Kings 40 points up...

Where's that morphine...

Reply #115837 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

Nothing has surprised me this season since that first Sydney game. I knew the team wasnt going anywhere after that game. Seems silly because it was only one game - but there was something that just really stood out about the direction the season would take.

Reply #115838 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

I would like to revise my estimate to 60. Horvath has fouled out. Smart move, I wouldn't want to be out there at the moment.

Reply #115839 | Report this post

Peter  
Years ago

I can't recall the Sixers' lowest score in a game but it must be under threat unless things change?

Without having seen the games, since Farley's been out, I wonder if Maher receiving more defensive attention than he usually gets? His stats seem to have been a bit down since the Perth game.

Reply #115840 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

Horvath fouls out again.. anyone surprised?

Reply #115841 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

Has anyone got some razor blades they can loan me?

Reply #115842 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Agreed. Had they won that first Sydney game, we would be looking at a different season, IMO.

36ers heading for a very low score at this rate.

Breakers slipping behind to the Tigers, down 80-74 with a quarter and a bit to run. Pepper has 29.

Reply #115843 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

where is the trainer, throw in the town and stop this fight. I really cant believe that a pro team can loose by this much, sure they have more depth but have some pride slow the game down and try and grind.

Reply #115844 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

You mean when Maher slipped?

Maher slips, the Sixers slip.

Reply #115847 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

Without doubt he would be getting more attention. Who else do teams need to guard? Nash? Sutton? ha

Reply #115848 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Horvath fouled out ALREADY.

10pts

Reply #115849 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

Come on you Sixers fans, bring em home!

Reply #115850 | Report this post

fess  
Years ago

looks like a night of records here,lets guess the crowd size for next home game,issac could give a ball to the closest

Reply #115851 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

huh?

Reply #115852 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

It just occurred to me that Smyth will have a hard time blaming THIS on Farley.

Reply #115853 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

Smyth will find something, guaranteed! Perhaps one of the basketballs went flat at training. That will do.

Reply #115854 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

let me guess...

20 for Sixers players and management,14 for the opposing team add ten supporters of the opposing team and you get...

A crowd of 44

what players, coach and management not included?

Then 10.

Reply #115855 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

At least Darren NG has showed his undoubted ability to score in the last couple of games.

Reply #115856 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

correction "throw in the TOWEL" just had to do that or i would go nuts. i say final margin will be 47 points. What is our lowest score?

Reply #115857 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Blame Farley for having an injury.

Reply #115858 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

123abc, don't forget that peanut who struts around with the mic at the start of games saying things that no-one has any chance of even hearing - not that we would want to might I add.
Wonder how Mal is feeling tonight

Reply #115859 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

OMG!!!!!!!

5-1 run for Sixers.

YAY!!!! WE ARE BACK!!!
We are going to win!!!!

Oh wait, we are down by 41 i wonder why. Oh, that's why, Smyths the coach.

Reply #115860 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Another pathetic performance by the Sixers. It's not like it is an unfair balance with Sydney having barlow out and us having Farley out. I think the worst thing to come out of this is possibly that Maher might learn towards moving to another team based on tonights game. He has 2 points so far and would be thinking why end his career in a loser team like this! He deserves way better! If Smyth gets another year as coach that would be a travesty after the joke of a season he has had! No excuses anymore Smyth! Take full responsibility for a change!

Reply #115861 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

40 point loss.

Disgraceful to say the least.

Reply #115862 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

Well the final margin 40 points. Not so bad really keeping the loss to less than 7 goals!

Reply #115863 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

lol @ Squid! Fair call! Perhaps Smyth could use that to shrug off the loss

Reply #115864 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

Two words: shit sandwich.

Reply #115865 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ah well this year is over, but we'd better put in a better showing next season. We just had a crap off season this year and it set us up for crap performance for the rest of the year. We need to sort out our roster and hopefully sign a beast of an import who will dominate for us. Someone of a carlos powell type calibre.

Reply #115867 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

Brett Wheeler's signing was a real plus for us though!

Reply #115868 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Box Scores are up MAHER 0/12 fgs!!!!

Reply #115869 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

Timmons and Maher combined 0/19

Reply #115870 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

As I said earlier, good to see Dodman getting some playing time, though it would be better if it could happen infront of a home crowd.

Good work from Darren Ng, and David Cooper. Again, only 10 shots for Horvath, yet Maher and Timmons (who hit nothing between them) combine for 19. Nash offensively impotent as always. Looks like Majstro tried hard (he'll be rewarded by being removed from the starting lineup for the next game). Sutton's numbers are ok.

The Wheeler thing has worked out well, hasn't it?

Reply #115871 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I dont think we try very hard to find the best possible player for the allocated amount of salary we are looking to give to a player. It seems as though we settled on signing wheeler, whereas we probably could have found a better, and LESS INJURY PRONE player for the same amount of cash.

Reply #115872 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Is anyone else finding it incredibly difficult to watch / support this team - despite over a decade of loyalty?

Reply #115873 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

I dont find it that difficult to watch them. Its more that I just dont care. Other than Maher and Farley when he is on, I dont really enjoy watching any of the other guys play. It doesnt really bother me that they lose, because I would expect a team with so many mediocre players to lose a lot of games.

Reply #115874 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

Kwest this is a team that the coach felt could win a championship. A team that the coaching staff put together and were very cofident in.

Reply #115875 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

How productive was Timmons in 23.14 minutes? Looking at the box scores, I see a team who has already given up the rest of the season. You try your hardest to support them throughout the year, but its difficult when they don't show any pride in what they do. Ng was the only outstanding player tonight. We were only missing Farley. I deliberatley didn't count Wheeler because he has done nothing for the team all season. He has been the equivalent to a huge speeding fine, a lot of money to pay and nothing to show for it.

Reply #115876 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

i told u 123abc (Ninja)

Reply #115879 | Report this post

Kev  
Years ago

Would the 36ers have actually been paying him at that 'normal rate' of $100k for the season for the games he's been on injury waivers for? If so, then why did we hire someone so injury prone. If not, then given we have only paid him for about 13 or 14 games from the 26 or so we've played, that's only $50k lost, I guess?

Reply #115885 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

either way he was a waste of cash

Reply #115895 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think they signed Wheeler because he fits the age category that they were looking for

Reply #115897 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

In the NBA, teams have long rosters. When getting blown out, they can throw in some fringe players who are full of energy and will go their hardest to show the coach what they can do.

Our bench in this game: Lanard Copeland, Marcus Timmons, Mark Nash, Matt Sutton, Jordan Dodman.

Beasley, 15 and 17 rebounds in 24 minutes...

Always interesting to get the view of opposition fans on OzHo:

Dodman - Was reasonably useful in his few minutes, mostly because he was the only Sixer physically capable of standing up to Beasley.

Reply #115911 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I'm glad I went to a mates 30th birthday lunch, got blind and missed my flight to Sydney hence missing the game..... what pisses me off is the $120 I paid for the tickets and the $100 return flight that I wasted......

Reply #115912 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Adelaide Now:

Only a final three-pointer from Adelaide's Matt Sutton enabled it to edge ahead of its lowest-ever NBL score of 72 set against Wollongong in January 2005.

Reply #115920 | Report this post

skudpud  
Years ago

Everyone that sits here and blames a coach for a pathetic player porformance shows daily how little they know about how sports players should be.
At the level the 36ers are playing if they NEED a coach to tell them what to do and to pick up their games then they are not good enough to be playing social.
If its a coach problem for every loss then tennis players would be screwed..how do any of them win when they aren't able to talk to their coach threw out their matches. How do they win??? They bring THEMSELVES into the game.
This year sucked when the team was under threat, thats why we signed players like Wheeler and Copeland noone else wanted to join a club that might not exist.
If you want to blame someone for this season, blame BASA bad management of a profitable team, and the PLAYERS for not performing.
To say everything is solely on Smyth is pure arrogance and stupidity. The whole team has failed.

Reply #115923 | Report this post

Jimmy_The_Snitch  
Years ago

^^^^^^ hear we go ^^^^^

On this forum, it's always Phil fault and never the players.

Let the Phil bashing begin.

Reply #115925 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

You're an idiot skudpud for comparing an individual sport like Tennis vs a team sport like Basketball! Hey with your logic we shouldn't even need a coach!

Jimmy The Snitch, I don't know what forum you have been reading but there has been many post blaming the players for continuous poor performances!!

The fact that we are probably going to finish second to last has nothing to do with the coach???!!!! The fact that he probably gets more money then any player, yet according to you two guys it seems he has minimal impact to do with the teams performance?

So a coach makes no difference? How about compare Adelaide with Perth. Perth probably has a less talented team compared with Adelaide yet are 2nd on the ladder, compared with Adelaide who are basically 2nd to bottom. What is the difference? One coach gets the best out of his players, instills motivation and confidence, does the right scouting of other teams, knows who to put on etc etc Can you guess which coach that would be?

Reply #115926 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mate, EVERYBODY needs to stand up and be accountable from the players, to the management and yes, the coaches.
I think the thing that gets people riled up is the apportioning of blame to others when everyone needs to put their hand up!
So, in my case, certainly not just "Phil bashing" as you so eloquently put it, but it would be nice to stop hearing excuses and hear some responsibility taken.

Reply #115927 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

Wayne Phillips could always take over next season as I am pretty sure he will be out of a job by then!

Reply #115931 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A 40 point loss should not be tolerated by anyone. Half the teams in the cental ABA could have put up a better effort against the kings than what the sixers managed.

Reply #115933 | Report this post

skudpud  
Years ago

Yeh with my Logic top sportsman should not need a coach at games. Coaches are their to spot what a player needs improvement on, not to cuddle them and motivate them.
Ive competed at high levels in both Individual sports (Swimming) and Team sports (Rugby). In both sports the coach was there to point out and help with improvement, not to motivate people.
If you want me to compare Basketball with another Team Sport, have a look at cricket, the captain and players motivate themselves during the game.
Blaming coaches is an excuse for the Management and useless supporters, it happens in the AFL and to much on this forum and in Basketball in general.
You mention perth having a bad team, your saying the players all suck but because they have a good coach they suddenly become a good team, what crap. How about the fact that maybe the players are under rated and play well of each other, work with each other.

Its pure psychology, people can tell you what to do but its you that has to do it, a coach cant make you hit a shot, or make the other team miss.

Reply #115944 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Skudpud, I strongly disagree and I'd say that the 36ers do too given that they're paying three coaches and their roles include being present at games.

You might want to talk to some NBL players to see what they think - to many, the coach is a crucial part during the week and at games.

How do you think those Wildcats got that team on the same page? Who steers them during games and decides on broader strategical changes in response to what the opponents are doing?

Who scouts the opposition, devises plays and issues instructions to the players?

The coaches are an integral component of the team, without a doubt.

Reply #115945 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So now Scott Fisher is a good coach?

Wasn't he just a puppet for the Perth Wildcats management when they were losing? (or just before the ALl Star game) But now he has them all on the same page he is a genius.

Reply #115960 | Report this post

DrB  
Years ago

There is no way KEN DOLL is a good coach! Vlahov is the man behind ken doll.

Reply #115972 | Report this post

skudpud  
Years ago

Isaac you should notice I said during the games, Yes a coach is important for most of what you have mentioned, but it is not a coach that fails to win games. Players have to motivate themselves and win games. If they need someone on the sidelines telling them what to do, its to late and they should walk away.

Reply #116039 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Again, I disagree. Find me a professional basketball team that goes without a coach during games...

Not denying that the players have to shoulder responsibility for their performances, but they don't select the make up of the team, they don't devise strategies, they don't call substitutions, they don't decide on match-ups, they don't always call time-outs, they don't cut tape to scout opponents, etc.

You're also going against every sports movie in history that features a pep talk firing up players for a clutch performance! ;)

Reply #116066 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:10 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754