Anonymous
Years ago

Erin Phillips full knee recon, to miss season

just heard that Erin Phillips will be having a full knee reconstruction. What will happen with the WNBA?

Topic #10123 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

it will go ahead without her!

Reply #115937 | Report this post

downpour  
Years ago

she will have to rehab and go back in 2008

sun will put her on injured list and find another PG

erin will bounce back - she is young and tough - look at the way sammy woosnam has come back at 27 - best season yet

Reply #115938 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

all the best to her, hopefully the wnba wont look down on this too much.

Reply #115947 | Report this post

The Journo  
Years ago

I bet that is the last WNBL game she plays

Reply #115949 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

After the half time story about her in the WNBL game of the week it is obvious that she has a great deal of family support...this and her obvious determination will get her through and she will be a better player for it. The Lightning and The Sun will miss her but they will still be there for her return I'm sure. I wish her all the best with the op and rehab.

Reply #115952 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I feel so sorry for this young girl. When i read the news, i felt sick in my stomache. How many players does it continue to happen to though.. She isnt the first and certainly wont be the last.
I wish her all the best and I have no doubt in my mind it will only make her more determined.

Reply #115956 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I know what you mean about it happening a lot.... I was speaking to my husband about how common serious knee injuries are now. People sometimes only think about the actual injury itself but it comes with so many others issues as well (time off work, impact on family, rehab, psychological etc). I found it life changing and I sure won't take it for granted that I can get out and have a run on the basketball court.

Reply #115965 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

You have to really begin to question the muscle balance and the training methods used today.
More and more knee injuries are appearing.
I know Erins work rate and you only have to take a look at the clearly visible "cut" in her calves and quads to know she has amazing amounts of leg strength.
Is the over built quads and the increased tightness of ITBS and hamstrings relevant? The muscle imblances are quite evident.

Reply #115977 | Report this post

lil monkey  
Years ago

In Erin's case I think because of her athletic frame her recovery will be a lot easier than some. I dont think it matters how strong your muscles are supporting your knees, sometimes a freak accident will get you unaware in an awkward position.

Wish Erin all the best for a speedy recovery, just a lil bump on your huge journey.

Reply #115993 | Report this post

playa  
Years ago

all erin can do is rehab and get ready for her next season.

Q is now - how will adelaide compensate her injury ?

it certainly puts us back with the pack.

narelle lindsay does not have the fitness to replace erin - however we could squeeze another 6-8 points per game out of her.

Foley could step up scoring - she is capable of an extra 10-14 ppg.

erin lorenzini is probably the fittest and quickest after erin phillips - she has shown she can score quickly as well - if she could pick up erins spot at the point and defensive assignments - perhaps squeeze 6-8 ppg from her

leah cannon - ? unknown

Reply #116059 | Report this post

HellBoy  
Years ago

Very sad to see this happen to such a brilliant athlete as erin!

Best of luck Erin! Lightning fans are behind you...

Please come back and play here!!!

Reply #116146 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I must give it to her.. at least this injury is certainly legitimate.

Reply #116181 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Anon 116181 you are a fucking idiot. A classless idiot.

Reply #116200 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

So are you - kids read this forum.

Reply #116228 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

heard on the radio interview with kg and cornes, thats shes having the hamstring acl reco, at least that gives her a legit chance of being back in the 9 month time frame if rehab goes to plan and theres no hicups post op

Reply #116230 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anyone know the latest on Erin? Is she out of hospital?

Reply #116488 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:43 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754