Isaac
Years ago

Farley injury results later today

The 36ers will find out later today whether Willie Farley is able to play against Brisbane on Saturday or if he will miss the rest of the season.

There is a possibility his NBL season could be over.

Farley had scans yesterday on the injured ankle which has kept him out of the 36ers' past three road games - all losses. He is experiencing pain when he puts weight on the foot and twists.
Meanwhile, Brett Wheeler got through another training yesterday and will attempt another full session tomorrow.

However, David Cooper (foot) didn't train yesterday, Nick Horvath survived half a session (recurring foot injury) and Jordan Dodman will miss up to 10 days with a sprained ankle.

The meeting between Mal Hemmerling, Smyth and the team has been postponed until today. I hope someone provides foot spas - could we have any more foot problems?!

Boti Nagy doesn't go too lightly on the 36ers defense today.

Topic #10141 | Report this topic

Bizzy  
Years ago

I think the funniest thing was Smyth's response on the defence:

"We had a patch when we beat Perth and when we beat Melbourne where our defence was rock solid," Smyth said. "We've taken half a step back and once again we've seen we can't afford to.

Half a step, they gave up 237 points in 2 games and were outscored in 1 quarter 35-12, personally I think that's more than half a step.

Reply #116107 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Maybe all the good feet are in Phil's mouth

Reply #116113 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

shouldn't Willie be having a cardiogram to check if his heart is still in the right place?

Reply #116122 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

that is a classic kent......

Reply #116123 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

I love it too!

Reply #116129 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

You'd think he's been doing some cycling to maintain fitness.

Reply #116134 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hhahhahahah kent that comment sucked

Reply #116155 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the funniest thing was smyth's comment that they are seeking clarification on the foul issue in relation to Sydney going 19:58 from the second period through into the fourth without a single personal foul - way to blame a 40 point loss phil!

Reply #116159 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

You and your cats Isaac!

Reply #116166 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

isaac that pis is some funny shit :D

Reply #116189 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

picture even

Reply #116190 | Report this post

skudpud  
Years ago

Anon 159

When in the article did Smyth blame the umpires. I've read it twice just to check. Yeh he hints that it was crap since Sydney dont know how to play without fouling, but in no way did he blames the loss on them. Infact he blames EVERYONE involved in the club.

Stop making up shit just to bash Phil alot of people on here are sick of it, if you have a genuine complaint thats fine and thats your right, but to make shit up to try and fit in with the other complainers is pathetic.

Reply #116193 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

skudpud - i'm not making anything up. i was simply stating that phil was questioning/seeking clarification on the umpiring. i think he should be spending more time on the things he can control, not worrying about the umpiring when you've lost a game by 40 points - that's pathetic.

Reply #116268 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:37 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754