Takstar
Years ago

willie farley being cut?? STUPID

fancy cutting willie farley what about nick hovarth (turnover king and takes stupid hook shots) Brett Wheeler ( earning his money on the sideline) Lenard Copeland (his legs are going to snap off soon but his ok off the bench). I think its time to sign brett willie and cooper and work around them get another import other than nick hovarth. Adelaide 36ers always cut there greatest players apart from brett. Mee, Cat, Stiff.

Topic #10148 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mee left at the end of his contract wasnt cut.
Cat left with a europe out clause
Stiff left - this it was end of contract for better money

None of them were cut

Reply #116203 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

listen here mate we could of had a dynasty but the adelaide 36ers board stroke there cock why not do what other teams and extend the rules of the salary cap like giving player outside employment or producing some young talent like they did with brett and invest in them

Reply #116204 | Report this post

fess  
Years ago

from what ive seen this year Horvath hits a high percentage of those so called stupid hook shots,if we new how to use him properly he would be scoring alot more heavily for us,the number of times he gets open under the post and gets ignored drives me spare.As for Willie,he has been a great player for us but his output seems to be lessening & the gap between his good game and bad is getting far wider,yes he makes some great shots but his play has come very predictable to the opposition,rarely do we see those drives to the basket like he did in 2002.He is probably commanding the greatest amount of the salary cap to be here but is the otuput matching that...i think not.Great players will always come and go and maybe its time for Willie to move on.How long do we keep players around for when their star dims,you cant keep them forever,do we still have him in 2012 averaging a couple of points a game but saying hell he was good in 2002! These guys are professionals and as in any work place if you dont perform your job is on the line.In many posts on here people say they wont go to the games anymore if Willie goes because he is a bit of a highlight reel.We probably had one of the best highlight reel players here when Trimmingham was a 6er,used to love his dunks but specky dunks dont win you championships.When he left who replaced him,Darnell Mee.Is it time for Willie to move on,Probably so,but as one era comes to an end another is ready to begin

Reply #116206 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Takstar you have no knowledge what so ever of basketball do you?

Hook shots aren't stupid at all! Infact Horvath is known for his deadly hook shot. He hits a high percentage and gets several rebounds. Adelaide just need to learn how to use him.

Takstar, you are WAY OFF

Reply #116231 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^^^ What he said

Reply #116235 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

OMG this takstar dude is pissin me off. 123abc u are spot on.

Reply #116255 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

Ignore any further comments from Takstar, there are some serious issues there!

Reply #116273 | Report this post

Ha ha yeah hook shots are useless.

I'm sure anyone who ever played against Kareem would agree with that whilst getting torched by his high-percentage, almost unblockable shots.

Oh and ask anyone who's seen the 1987 finals (although it's unlikely that you were born any time near then)about Magic's useless hook shot that won the game.

Reply #116281 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

tak was just making a point that horvath needs to be replaced and i think by powell.

Reply #116366 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

we will not get powell, isnt it obvious he is far too good for this league!! It would be stupid for him to stay another season when he could be earning much more cash overseas. Even if he did stay i doubt very much we would get him. (hopefully i am wrong!!!!)

Reply #116565 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Anon #116565, going to play for more money overseas is one issue, staying to play in Australia is another. If he stays to play in Australia, why do you think that Adelaide would not be on his shortlist of clubs to play for? For the right money and opportunities, Adelaide can be right up there for him. I would not be basing his odds of coming to play for Adelaide on what Adelaide has done this year. Next year is completely different. Do you know exactly what is going to happen here next year? He may find the challenge of accepting a contract here a very attractive one. I wouldn't be writing him off just yet.

Reply #116569 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:47 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754