Takstar
Years ago

LOOK AT HOVARTH TURNOVERS?

CAN YOUS GIVE ME HIS STATS FOR THIS YEAR and we will compare them good to bad.This team this year does not gel together they bet perth then melbourne then lose to shit sides come on fellas do you like this years team

Topic #10152 | Report this topic

xztatik  
Years ago

20ppg 10rpg 2bpg

...yep its his fault were losin alright!

Reply #116253 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

there should be a rule against starting 3 STUPID topics on ur first day ever on the forum.

oh and horvath is shooting at like 52% on the season aswell i forgot to mention.

so, like dribbler constantly says to me... GO AWAY PLEASE!!!

Reply #116256 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Horvath averages 2.1 TPG. Farley 2.8, Maher 2.6, Copeland 1.7, Majstrovich 1.6.

Surprised me: Marcus Timmons 2.7 RPG, Copeland 1.9 RPG.

Reply #116259 | Report this post

benj  
Years ago

Takstar speak up I cant hear you :)

Reply #116264 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

xztatik, where do your figures come from? According to NBL stats its 19 ppg & 9 rpg. His stats are also inconsistent. He has just as many games where he only scores around 11 or 12 as he does those 20 plus. I can see where Takstar is coming from. It may be unfortunate that he is part of an unsuccessful team this year but you can not exactly rely on him every game to give us a boost.

Reply #116265 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

takstar shouldnt you be getting ready for school rather then posting

Reply #116266 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

Ec, the reason he is so inconsistent is because the sixers so inconsistently give it to him in the post. His20 pts per game mainly come from in the first half when the sixers go to him. He could be averaging 30 ppg if they gave it to him throughout the whole game.He wouldbe much more consistent and we all wouldnt be having this conversation.

Reply #116271 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

Oh and Takstar if your gonna have a go at a guy atleast spell his name right.

Reply #116272 | Report this post

Clark Kent  
Years ago

AK-47 your missing the point. The reason he's so inconsistent is because his name isn't Dusty. :)

Reply #116275 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

So true, So true!

Reply #116292 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Would be very interesting to compare 1st half stats to 2nd half stats for Horvarth..ie shots taken.

Where would you find that info?

Reply #116299 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Prowess Sports would have it.

Otherwise, the NBL site has a season boxscore for each team.

Horvath's scoring per quarter:

1: 164
2: 141
3: 116
4: 106

Maher's is interesting (note, six fewer games):

1: 85
2: 89
3: 69
4: 157

Look at that clutch fourth quarter number!

Reply #116301 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Thanks Isaac, interesting reading...

Not really suprised with B.Maher's clutch, he has made a career of it..
Perhaps we should send the numbers to Mal!

Reply #116302 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

"Horvath's scoring per quarter:

1: 164
2: 141
3: 116
4: 106"

I figured as much watching Horvath throughout the year. You'd prefer it trending upward like Maher but you're obviously not going to score as much in the second half if you are on the bench in foul trouble or fouled off!!

Reply #116347 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Rat10 I think it is more an issue of him not seeing the ball too much after half time..Yeah he has had foul trouble a bit, but with no other big guys coming off the bench to spell him, of course his fouls will rack up.Wonder how many shots Farley was taking in the second half.

Reply #116359 | Report this post

skudpud  
Years ago

With Horvath I wouldnt be surprised if his stats have been reduced over the year, not just because he doesnt always get the ball when he could, but because other teams took notice early on that he was scoring alot and easily.
The day stats can take all of this and more into account will be freaking amazing.

Reply #116392 | Report this post

Fiji  
Years ago

Sorry but I can't help myself........isn't it EWES?

Reply #116405 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maher is scoring heavily in the 4th quarter..

clutch scoring? or "garbage time" scoring when the game is already over?

Reply #116535 | Report this post

skink  
Years ago

does it matter if it is garbage time or clutch for brett maher.at least he gives it all until the final siren, unlike some other sixer players.And the nbl did vote maher as mr clutch for many seasons.there is also a spot to leave your name on this forum.

Reply #116539 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think he's carrying the team in the fourth.

Reply #116553 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

The team has been too heavily reliant on him. Just when his minutes should be decreasing, they are increasing. A move that will only see his injury woes increase. There is no point in over working him in games that he plays to win them and then be off injured for weeks on end and then lose those games without him. He shouldn't be carrying the team, he should be guiding them. The makeup of next year's team has to be one that will allow Brett to rest more.

Reply #116559 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:27 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754