Isaac
Years ago

Breakers beat Slingers, check Helms' dunk

Last night the Breakers beat the Slingers in a great game despite losing Carlos Powell to his sixth foul with more than ten minutes to play.

The result helps the 36ers by preventing the Slingers notching a W.

Anyway, check out the highlights on Fox Video.

Oscar Forman (excuse the nepotism - had 17 pts including a nice three in the final minute) has a great block on Mike Helms near the start and then Mike Helms gets what must be one of the best dunks of the year on Mika Vukona towards the end of the game.

The match also included a brief David(son)-and-Goliath wrestle between Brad Davidson and Ben Pepper that would've been ridiculous had it progressed!

Topic #10168 | Report this topic

Sawmeinhalf  
Years ago

Seeing as you mentioned Oscar. He seems to be leading the Breakers in minutes played lately and had another 42 min game last night. So why is this Isaac? Has he discussed this with you? Is it their lack of 3-spot options, his defence, his fitness, the flexibility he provides in terms of positions he can comfortably play?

Regardless of the answer, it's great to see, but I'm sure when his current coach shows such confidence in him it's going to be hard to convince him to come back.

Reply #116461 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

HOLY CRAP!

Dunk of the year!

Reply #116464 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think it's because he presents a reliable option for them at SF - is always going to be a danger if left open and will spread the defense a bit. Is safe (bit of that is being conservative IMO) with the ball, so doesn't really bump up their turnover count. When Wethers was around, he would switch between SG and SF (sharing SG with Olson), but now Wooten is restricted to PG/SG.

Vukona tends to come in for Powell and I think Charleton is used at SG/SF, but doesn't always get that many minutes.

Oscar basically needs to take these games and add more buckets to them and get past that 20-23 point cap he tends to hit on his best nights. No reason that with a few more shots inside and some FTs that he couldn't have a 25-28 pt game.

BTW, anonymous, Farley's would give that a run for dunk of the year?

Reply #116466 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Farley who?

Reply #116471 | Report this post

cavolo  
Years ago

Hey Issac

I'm a fairly new user of a Mac and since the switch have not being able to run Fox Sports Video or NBA video either. The Fox Sports Video appears to only support PC browsers i.e. active x plugin required.

With your computer knowledge, is there something I can download to be able to access these much needed things in my life?! =)

Reply #116474 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Not use a Mac?

Nah, no idea, sorry. Some things to try - get the latest version of Flash, RealPlayer (ugh) and then cross your fingers. Might need certain AV codecs - there is an app for Windows called GSpot that can accept a video file and tell you which codecs you're missing, but that won't help you.

Reply #116476 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Was a real fun watchable game last night. Helms's dunk was awesome...but barely a technical dunk as he almost threw it at the hoop and barley made hand to rim contact. But nice to see a guy that size get up over a athletic guy in Vukona.

Reply #116480 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

What Farley dunk? Over Heal?

Reply #116490 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Has anyone seen Trevor Ariza from orlando's dunk on Emeka Okafor from charlotte. It was insane!!
http://www.nba.com/features/midseason07_dunk.html
Also has some other dunks on there...

Reply #116492 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Ponytail, dreadlocks, afro and even a mohawk. The game had something for everyone!

Reply #116507 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:51 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754