Isaac
Years ago

Rookie ABA Coaches in 2007

Six coaches in the ABA this season will be making their debut as head of their respective teams.

Former Olympian and Adelaide 36er, Mike McKay, will lead the North Adelaide women. McKay assisted Marc Wallis last year and also took the Rockets to the Grand Final of the 2006 Metro League. Other new coaches are Liam Flynn (Sturt Men), Justin Schueller (North Adelaide Men), Jason Bray (Woodville Men), Heath Jury (Southern Men) and Brenton Johnston (Eastern Women).
Basketball SA have put out a bit more info, including the date of the first games of the season.
The season commences with a full round of games on Saturday March 17. The Central ABL Grand Finals will be held on August 11, with ABA national finals commencing on August 18.
Damian Weeks will be making a return to senior coaching and will coach the Norwood women after a 10-year break from the job.

Oh, and in case it hasn't been mentioned before, the fixture is out.

Topic #10215 | Report this topic

booga  
Years ago

thought mike would of been better on the mens side but i say that with out watching his training or seeing his game yet. with everything he has achived in his playing career just thought he would have a wealth of knowledge to some one wanting to walk in his shoes

Reply #117053 | Report this post

Stingray  
Years ago

Max McKay will be a very success full coach.
I played under him when he was an assistant at Mildura (would have been 10xmore effetive than the actual coach..) and suprise suprise, he knows his stuff.
Its not so much his X&O's knowledge that will make him successfull, he is charismatic and people want to work for him. I think this is a great move by North, although i agree with above, i do think he's be better suited to Mens Hoops.

Reply #117093 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The fixture is out, but is it confirmed?
Centrals women are on there. Has it simply not been updated, or would this suggest that BSA knows something that we all dont?

Reply #117097 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:19 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754