CapsFan
Years ago

Lightning LET GO Phillips

Can't believe Adelaide are willing to let Erin go!!! The Caps are very close to securing Phillips. Great to see her going to a strong team under a great coach in Graff and even better decision to do her knee rehabilitation at the best facilities in the world with the best physicians, i'm talking about the Australian Institute of Sport. Smart Choice.... HUGE HUGE HUGE LOSS to ADELAIDE but their own fault!!

Nothing better for the Canberrians to see her running around in the Caps colours!!!

Already set for the Championship next season!

Topic #10224 | Report this topic

Jonno  
Years ago

WOW that would be a HUGE loss, i think it rates up there and is possibly worse than the 36ers losing some of the SA boys they have! Why is she leaving?? money??? coach?? team??

Reply #117144 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Is it true, or more bogus rumours.

Reply #117146 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Greg is that you?

Reply #117147 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Propoganda.....

Reply #117151 | Report this post

CapsFan  
Years ago

NO Rumour!!

Reply #117152 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

So would that mean Lightning will also be lodging an official complaint for Canberra poaching?

Talking to contracted players before end of season....tut tut!!

Reply #117155 | Report this post

CapsFan  
Years ago

Call it what you like, we got her!

Reply #117157 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Lightning are in negotiations with Phillips' agent. No one has been "let go".

If you are hearing otherwise, then I dare say you are close to Phillips' camp, that the Caps are poaching, and that someone is unhappy with the Lightning for some reason...

Interesting that a Capitals fan would be in Adelaide too.

Reply #117159 | Report this post

CapsFan  
Years ago

Does it matter where I am from?

Reply #117161 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

I beleive that if a team is found to have poached a player, the NBL or WNBL can decline to accept the new contract.

I would suggest that given the new management and ownership, Vince and Mike would ensure any poaching is pursued vigorously.

I guess we should thank Caps Fan for bringing this blatant cheating into the light.

Reply #117164 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If she is happy she wouldn't go, would she? She is leaving her boyfriend to go play interstate so maybe things at the Lightening are not that great.

Reply #117167 | Report this post

lightbub  
Years ago

What a crock, it amazes me this forum can still be used to start and spread such crap, Hoops eventually will be IDENTIFY yourself or do not post. Its not fair on the players and the management of the club who have no way to defend such crap other than to ignore it. I know its been said certain players or their close cirle use this forum to air coaching or club issues but being able to basically start any rumour you like without having to back it up really is making "hoops" lose all credability - (excuse my spelling)
Vince, Mike and erin do not deserve such disrespect

Reply #117170 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My understanding is that a club can talk to a plyers agent and get all the nitty gritty in place - no one therefore has approached the player

Wasn't there talk just a few weeks ago that the waves between Phillips and the head coach wasn't as smooth as it could have been

Reply #117172 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

This chump is a troll, nothing more....pffft.

Reply #117173 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

vince knows all about poaching....

Reply #117174 | Report this post

Shooter  
Years ago

Probably as much chance as those WNBA players coming to Australia...haha

Reply #117188 | Report this post

if erin plays wnbl next season - which will probably happen afetr her knee injury -

(if she had played for connecticut, and had a good WNBA season - she probably could have pulled big $$$$ in Europe next WNBL season instead)

so the caps are throwing big $$ at her - well adelaide had better try to match it.

couple of things in adelaides favour -

boyfriend here - ivan plays for crows - winter in the USA then summer in canberra - beckons for broken hearts!!!

so adelaide looking good there

also family - sisters and mum and dad here - little neices etc - all close to the heart here.

-------------------------

rememeber graf said tarausi and bird were coming here next season after a night on the piss with teh girls

so lets see poster -- phillips tarausi and bird according to Graf - yeah right

erin is loved here and will be given a good offer

caps just have the dough

erin has said - she wants a house on the lake / marina, lexus and boat - so if she wants that she will chase $$$ - so get the cheque book out vince

Reply #117201 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Capsfan - just said it was interesting, that's all. No response to my other comments?

If the Lightning have supposedly "LET GO" (CAPITALARAMA) Phillips, why are they still negotiating with her agent? Why did the club CEO speak with her twice during the day that you posted this?

Reply #117216 | Report this post

The Journo  
Years ago

After what happened it would be foolish for Erin to play in the WNBL ever again.

Look what she misses out on this year.

Only reason she will play WNBL next season is to prove her fitness for Bejing.

But you cant see her pulling on a singlet (of any colour!) until after xmas at least.

So, not a real good investment to throw $$$$$ for maybe half a season at best?

Reply #117218 | Report this post

Sloshed Santa  
Years ago

just spoke to coach Graf, and she knows nothing of it

Reply #117251 | Report this post

Shooter  
Years ago

there are being some big names been dropped here...

let me go get a bucket...

Reply #117318 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:07 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754