Blue Collar
Years ago

NH - Superbowl XLI

This Sunday (Monday .au time) the Chicago Bears take on the Illinois Colts in one of the biggest sporting events in the world, the Superbowl.

Does anyone follow the NFL or this event particularly? Who's looking the goods to take the victory?

Topic #10238 | Report this topic

Chewy316  
Years ago

I follow the NFL extensively. Unfortunately, my Raiders had a dog of a year. Hopefully they'll be back holding up the Lombardi trophy in a few years.

As for the Superbowl, Indy should win in a close game. Peyton Manning will have a good game.

How can you tip the Bears when they have Rex Grossman as their starting QB? If Peyton shows up, the Bears' D won't be able to contain Indy's high scoring offense.

Final Prediction

Indy 28
Chicago 24

Reply #117300 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Go the Buccineers!

Reply #117302 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dear Mr. Blue Collar,

i think you'll find that Chicago are taking on the Indianapolis Colts.... Not the Illinois Colts. Chicago is in Illinois from what i remember.. haha... not a great start.. but keep going.

cash

Reply #117305 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Manning plays for the Colts.

Reply #117311 | Report this post

Moe's tavern  
Years ago

Chicago has had a great season from start to finish there D Fence will be to strong for Manning and the colts. ive watched every playoff game so far and the colts got no Touchdowns for the entire game vs Baltimore and no touchdowns in the 1st half against New England.
Now they play the Hardest Defensive line in the League.
Also the colts being a Dome team would give any weather conditions advantage to chicago.

my prediction is.
Chicago 24
Indianaoplis 16

Reply #117378 | Report this post

Bully  
Years ago

I follow the NFL quite a bit and my money is on the bears even tho they are the underdogs.

Should be a great game tho

Reply #117381 | Report this post

Nino  
Years ago

Just make sure you watch the SBS coverage..they get that hilarious dude 'Damian' in who has no NFL experience, but once a year at Super Bowl time becomes a special comments man. Its funny stuff

Reply #117519 | Report this post

SomeOneElse  
Years ago

Im going with the NFC heavyweights, to knock over the AFC contenders...Or The Bears of the Colts

Bears - 31
Colts - 21

Reply #117547 | Report this post

Graeme LeBroy  
Years ago

I'm routing (thought I'd add a touch of Amercia to the sentence) for the Colts, as Peyton's brother is my teams QB, so I had better go for them!
Eventhough Chicago have been the best team all year. Should be an excellent Superbowl, pity I have to go to work on Monday.... good ol' VHS is still good for something!

Reply #117558 | Report this post

Blue Collar  
Years ago

Dear Anon (117305),
I dont care who's playing really. I wanted to canvas some opinion on the matchup since i'll be in the thick of it on Sunday...

Sorry for the mistake.

As for the matchup, i'm going for the Bears of Chicago. GO BEARS.

PS: Dragons locked in to NBL playoffs - seems a long way from the days of Price - Go Dragons!

Reply #117560 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:50 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754