thedoctor
Years ago

Ref takes a dive? The OJ Incident

http://completesports.blogspot.com/2007/01/oj-mayo-incident.html

Check this out - searched the forum and I don't think it's been mentioned. Wanker ref throws some unneccessary techs, then takes a dive (think Lucan Neill) and claims he was pushed.

Results in OJ Mayo being suspended - he is appealing.

Topic #10244 | Report this topic

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

The ref's a clown. He didn't say anything the second time or push the ref. That said, he's a silly boy for going after him.

I suspect this isn't the last we'll hear about it.

Reply #117509 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Moses,

looks like he dropped some words to the opposition player.

I think OJ looks like an arrogant clown here. In which case he is getting back what Karma is dishing out.

The first T is obviously a game delay. Holding the ball and walking down the court with it.

The second T is probably for language to his opponent. An outomatic T.

And to go after a ref like thank is not only stupid but unjustifiable.

Cop it sweet is you are going to be a punk.

Reply #117513 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

OK, even if the techs are justified - the ref flopped! Took a dive! Who does that???? Check out the over-acting on the fall.

Reply #117516 | Report this post

ITA  
Years ago

Ok as much as I don't agree with the comment I am about to make...

Wasn't that ref Fabio Grosso?

Reply #117522 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

The ref thought he was Manu Ginobili for a sec there.

Reply #117542 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

xztatik - can't agree that Manu is a flopper. Goes hard at the rack. Is unorthodox in his movements and is great at drawing the foul. Haven't seen him milk any calls before

Reply #117653 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

Manu NOT a flopper??? HA! even fans of Ginobili will admit that he would topple over after a mosquito bite.

Reply #117723 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/columns/story?columnist=katz_andy&id=3007050

Follow up on this story. OJ appealed the decision in Court and had the suspension overturned. Some viseo highlights as well

Reply #147610 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:22 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754