Anonymous
Years ago

Is Farley playing tonight?

Is Farley playing against the tigers tonight?

Topic #10260 | Report this topic

xztatik  
Years ago

Probably not anon

Reply #117725 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Really is no reason to play Farley again. Give the minutes to Matt Sutton etc and give them as much experience, at a time when it really doesn't matter. But id love to see how the crowd would react to him and what kind of court time Smyth would give him.

Reply #117742 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

There is a reason to play him again and that is for entertainment value. I payed good money to see players like him play not to have him PUT on the injured list and have to watch wheeler player instead!!!

Reply #117745 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hey i think you should all get off his bak you can all see he is in pain and insant up to playing so bak off and start focussing on the players that are up to playing.

Reply #117751 | Report this post

Nino  
Years ago

Haven't noticed him any any pain at all or showing signs of favoring one leg. maybe if he had crutches it'd look more like he had a injury. Personally think he cracked the shits and shut up shop. But its all the same old talk.

Reply #117789 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Kobe24, by your reasoning you may as well empty out the stadium because you show no consideration to what the fans want. I didn't buy my season ticket to watch development players take over the game. I support the development players by watching ABA games. I want better than that for my season ticket.

Reply #117808 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

Im sure Farley isnt faking it, like why wouldnt he just say something if he is supposedly just cracking it and all that, like i remember when the bullets cut Freeman because of "injury" to bring in Matthews, Freeman was out saying im not injured!! so id imagine Farley would be doing the same, so my guess is his injury even though not major is legit, and is enough to keep him off the court legitimatly.
I think now our season is Officially Dead and it doesnt look likely Farley will be back, it would be good if us fans could say our good memories of Farley and appreciate what he has done for the club over the years!! Even in his off season he has averaged around 20pts 3 assists n 5 rebounds, which statistically would put him in the top 5 SG's in the league, so its not like he cant play. I for one hope he plays the last home game and gets a good farewell!!

Reply #117819 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

EC, the season is dead. I am a fan too, and as a fan, I was getting sick of watching Farley mope around and show little to no team spirit. The season is DEAD. Now is the perfect opportunity to get the kids in...who want to play, and give them experience against the leagues best. Different if Farley was going to be playing here next season, but he isn't, so give younger players a chance to REALLY develop now, not in the off season.

Reply #117820 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Kobe24, "give younger players a chance to REALLY develop now, not in the off season." There's only 2 games left.

Reply #117830 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

2 games at NBL level is better than nothing

a young guy can learn a lot in those 2 games

Reply #117844 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Sutton has had good court time throughout this season. For his level of experience at NBL level he is very good but no better than he was at the beginning of the season. It takes a lot more than 2 games.

Reply #117853 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Cant be bothered really going on about this, my opinion stands. But Although there is only 2 more games left, Farley has been out a for a while, and even when we could technically make the finals, we didn't look likey. The point is that Sutton has been able to play the last 4-5 with consistent minutes, THAT WILL be beneficial for his development next NBL season. And its now at the point, where let the kid keep going, Farley will only stunt Sutton's development now by trying to catch the last of the limelight for no benefit to the team.

Reply #117854 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

Just listened to his interview on abc.net.au and it sounds as if he isnt expecting to come back. Poor Willie though, sounds as if his father is pretty sick back in the US, cant blame him if he has been distracted and wanting to go home. But yea he didnt exactly say he wont be back, but it wasnt like in the past at this point, he would be like yea ill be back Adelaide is my number one choice, now its like we will have to wait and see and weigh up my options with my agent, so yea i guess its good bye Willie, thanks for all the good times you have provided us!!

Reply #117888 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I'm with Kobe24 - no point in getting Farley back in for token games when you can give Sutton more time. That's an investment in 2007/08 - playing Farley isn't.

Reply #117909 | Report this post

BIzzy  
Years ago

That makes no sense EC, you're telling me that Sutton hasn't improved since he started? Do you even watch the games or just sit and dream about Dusty being back at the Sixers?

Reply #117916 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Will he be given a big send off and play against Cairns or will he just mope around in street clothes wave to the crowd and walk out the door never to be seen again?

Reply #117917 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:52 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754