Micheal Jordan
Years ago

Brett Maher leaving is about 80%

36ers r not close to the offer that the other NBL club has offered

Topic #10270 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

no "other club" is allowed to offer until after grand final, I thought?

Reply #117865 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Michael Jordan name your source. This type of information would not be available to the public at this stage.

Reply #117866 | Report this post

Micheal Jordan  
Years ago

I cant tell u but belive me its ture

Reply #117867 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

tigers 200,000 per season for 2 years and a 50,000 retirement present

Reply #117868 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Even if Brett gets offered more from interstate I still doubt he'll move.

I'd expect a couple of announcements out of the 36ers office in the next fortnight; one announcing Maher's signed on for 2 years and the other confirming the club's coach for 2007/08.

Reply #117870 | Report this post

skudpud  
Years ago

I wouldnt be surprised if Maher left, He doesnt look happy on the court, last night it looked as though him and Timmons were having words, hard to tell when your not out there.
I MJ actually has a source, then hes risking his whole career telling you, and thats just stupid

Reply #117872 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

if brett left there wiil be no one at games to watch. they may aswell play games out of wayville to save costs.

Reply #117875 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

First of all you cant spell right, so i assume you may a 10th grader. I don't trust you. Come clean or don't bother starting a topic like this.

Reply #117877 | Report this post

CAMPBELL  
Years ago

havent heard anything on the grape vine, but who would wanna relocate their family to another city when you are expecting another child?

just a hunch, couldnt see the mahers moving away from family and friends when expecting......
doesnt seem like money would compinsate for that.

MJ STATE YA SOURCE, OR SHUT UP AND STOP SPINNING SH!T.

Reply #117885 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

its MichAEl Jordan! such disrespect...

Reply #117890 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

it's his nickname...maybe he purposely spelt micheal jordan, and his nickname has nothing to do with the actual michael jordan..

Reply #117893 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

i guess it wont be that long before we all find out anyway

Reply #117894 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

I don't believe Michael Jordan. He's just bored. Don't make up stuff like this after a terrible season!

Reply #117902 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

I too have heard that the 6ers are not even close.

Reply #117904 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

Is that you Paul Bell ?

Sorry .. couldnt resist !

Reply #117911 | Report this post

DrB  
Years ago

i have heard Maher is asking 200 k +, and that other clubs are saying this is too much!

Reply #117921 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The numbers would be about right, if low, (I still say Cairns!) but I think he'll stay.

EC: "This type of information would not be available to the public at this stage." Maybe they're not "the public"?!

Reply #117924 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Isaac

It was reported in the weekend paper up here, that Cairns would only persue Brett if he was on the free agent list and not before. It was also mentioned they would like to have him playing for them, who wouldn't.

That was written in the paper so it must be true.

Reply #117946 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

As Adelaide recovers from another day at 40+ degrees, who would want to move their family to Queensland.

Reply #117959 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

Wow if Cairns kept Mee and Cat, and signed Maher they are like the old school 36ers or something.
I'd dare say they would still make a awesome combo and put Cairns into the top teir of the league though. For the 36ers sake lets hope it doesnt happen and Maher stays and maybe we can bring Mee and/or Cat back with some young guns such as Newley and that would put the 36ers back to the glory days!!

Reply #117962 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Cat is still contracted for another year in Cairns. So, he wont be joining the sixers.

Reply #117970 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Sturty6ers, what a crappy statement to make in the paper that they would pursue him only if he became a free agent. They know very well that his contract is up this year. Sounds like a dirty ploy to make it known that they want him without breaking the NBL rules. This way Brett's bargaining with the Sixers is affected by the fact that he knows he has already got outside interest before the season is over.

Reply #117972 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Don't be so naive. They start hearing of interest without newspapers needing to make it public anyway.

Reply #117975 | Report this post

raytri  
Years ago

If Brett Maher is asking 200k to stay in Adelaide I say let him go. At the moment we are over run with smalls including the coach, and Brett is coming to the end of his career and although a very useful player, I believe his glory days are gone. What we DO need to spend the money on are some useful bigs, and not Rogers (injury prone) or Bradke (ending career).
If Schensher and/or Newley were available spend the money there.

Reply #117988 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Mal if your reading this...don't listen to raytri! Maher must stay, for his greatness let alone the handy 5 he rates on the points cap rule.

Reply #118041 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Yes Isaac but Cairns can't admit that or they are breaking the rules. The paper is a cover up.

Reply #118044 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

I can tell you absolutely that the offer made to Maher by the 6ers is "WAY WAY short of the mark".

And it's definitely NOT The Tigers making the offer.

Reply #118065 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Of course they're not going to admit that. You were saying that they were being underhanded in making their interest known. I'm saying that they would/could have already done that through other channels. e.g., Cattalini chatting to Maher on the phone, that sort of thing.

Reply #118070 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

hmm, I cant really see Maher playing under Heal..

Reply #118071 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

i would agree Isaac

"Hey Brett its Cat here gee it would be good to play out our career together. Hey by the way Darnell says hi, if only i wasn't contracted i could come to Adelaide ( knock at the door) Hey i have just been handed a big brown paper bag Brett, you wont believe whats inside it. Wait a minute arent you out of contract at the end of the year? Yes well if i gave you this bag would you move up here? Sure would be great to see you and your family up here with us, ok catch you later.

Reply #118081 | Report this post

Choc  
Years ago

Gee if it was Cairns that approached Maher they would have to be paying the rest of their roster with peanuts! Cat, Mee and Maher would eat up $600k of the $810k cap. Which means the other 7 players would be on $30k each. I dont think it would be Cairns then!!

Reply #118096 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

C'mon Choc it is widely percieved that Cairns are violating the cap. I have heard that last year 3 platers alone totaled the cap.

Of course what you get paid to play basketball and then get paid as a second job outside of basketball are 2 different things.

Much like the old days of the NCAA where guys would get degrees without attending a class or sitting and exam.

Reply #118097 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:36 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754