Isaac
Years ago

A Free Tip for Future Powerball Shooters

Any fans attending 36ers games would know that in one of the breaks, there is the Powerball Shootout. An individual having won a second-chance draw gets a shot from the free throw line, three point arc and half-way line for a combined total of $10,600.

Fans who were at the Tigers game on Saturday night would have seen that night's winner put up shots from FT and 3P and then delegate the half-court shot to forum-poster Ben Fitz.

Now, here's the free tip: If you are not a regular player and can not make the distance on a free throw let alone anything further out, swallow your pride and delegate. I believe this is within the rules of the promotion, though you could triple-check with the SA Lotteries rep on the night.

Paul Bauer is at all the games and, though I haven't cleared this with him, might be open to a reasonable cut for use of his shooting services - you have the added bonus of his half-court shot hitting at about the same rate as his three-pointers or 2005 ABA free throws! (Potsie, think of that as a compliment to your half-court shooting rather than snipe at your FTs from that year (which rose 50% to 80-something in 2006).)

Erik Burdon is usually sitting on the 36ers bench too. Or reverse auction your services to the lowest bidding ABA player or ex-36er in attendance.

That also saves Bonz from recommending an under arm attempt.

Topic #10276 | Report this topic

TR  
Years ago

Out of interest sake, did Fitz make the shot. The half way line is well within his range..... so is the car park....

Reply #117978 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The only basket he touched that night was at La Trat and it was full of garlic bread.

Reply #117979 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

Theres a few other guys on the Tall Timber team who I would pick over him!

Reply #117981 | Report this post

Bonz  
Years ago

Yes you can nominate anyone to shoot for you. In fact the guy who hit all 3 shots early in the season was shooting for his step-mum.

On Saturday night when we lady come down to shoot, we asked the Lotteries guy if it was ok to let Ben take her half court shot.

Fitz had been telling me earlier that he was on fire on Monday night and was in no doubt he would nail the half court shot! So he convinced the lady how good he was and she agreed to let him take the Money Shot!...(so to speak)

So I agree with Isaac...if you get the chance to shoot for $10K... Don't let Ben Fitz shoot for you!!!

Reply #117985 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

Did Fitz yell "HIBACHI" beore he threw the brick?

Reply #117990 | Report this post

The-Body  
Years ago

Anyone wanting my Backward techniques for the 10K give me a buzz. The alias should give me away.

I was 8/12 backward from half court during a seniors training

Reply #117992 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Elle McPherson, you can shoot?
The alias gave it away....

Reply #117995 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Nutwork, no, and it was his undoing.

Reply #117999 | Report this post

Ben Fitz  
Years ago

To quote Jim Richards
"You are a pack of assholes"

For the record had i not been recovering from knee surgery, brain transplant and a stinging case of Tinea i would have made that shot with my eyes closed and one hand behind my back whilst reciting the words to The Man from Snowy River....

At least i have a slab of Heineken on the way , not that i am sharing it with any of you lot!

Reply #118004 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

What are you going to do with beer? Trade it for spirits?!

Reply #118008 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

so now you think your Gilbert taking on Deshawn at training?? Did you shotgun that case of Heinies???

One hand behind the back??? probably and the other hand was on a ball of some sorts.

Reply #118019 | Report this post

The-Body  
Years ago

Isaac

what undoing was that. Not sure where you are going with this one.

Reply #118038 | Report this post

The-Body  
Years ago

How about I tell myself to read properly

my bad

Reply #118040 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:20 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754