Kingman
Years ago

Top Ten Quotes not from Smyth

The top ten comments you WIL NOT hear coming out of Phil Smyth's Mouth.

10. It my fault we missed the play off's because I was too involved in my own contract negotiations before the season began

9. It my fault we missed the play off's because I failed to recruit the right players.

8. It my fault we missed the play off's because I did not prepare the team in the pre-season

7. It my fault we missed the play off's because I offered Joe Ingles 13th spot.

6. It my fault we missed the play off's because I forgot to put defence in the pre-season camp.

5. It my fault we missed the play off's because going to Port Lincoln fishing and playing golf didn't help in our defensive rotations.

4. It my fault we missed the play off's because I failed to get the team to gel after 6 weeks.

3. It my fault we missed the play off's because sometimes I forget to call a time out.

2. It my fault we missed the play off's because I continue to blame the travel and not the defence.

And the number one comment you WIL NOT hear coming out of Phil's mouth. (Drum Roll)

1. It my fault we missed the play off's because I let Steve do all the talking, hang on its not my fault its Steve's, ahhhhhhh now that makes me feel better. See you next year

Topic #10282 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good reason Smyth wouldn't say any of the above is that he actually speaks decent English.

"It my fault ..." Sounds like a quote from a 3 year old.

Reply #118087 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

The top ten comments you WIL NOT hear coming out of Phil Smyth's Mouth.

10. It's my fault we missed the play off's because I was too involved in my own contract negotiations before the season began

9. It's my fault we missed the play off's because I failed to recruit the right players.

8. It's my fault we missed the play off's because I did not prepare the team in the pre-season

7. It's my fault we missed the play off's because I offered Joe Ingles 13th spot.

6. It's my fault we missed the play off's because I forgot to put defence in the pre-season camp.

5. It's my fault we missed the play off's because going to Port Lincoln fishing and playing golf didn't help in our defensive rotations.

4. It's my fault we missed the play off's because I failed to get the team to gel after 6 weeks.

3. It's my fault we missed the play off's because sometimes I forget to call a time out.

2. It's my fault we missed the play off's because I continue to blame the travel and not the defence.

And the number one comment you WIL NOT hear coming out of Phil's mouth. (Drum Roll)

1. It's my fault we missed the play off's because I let Steve do all the talking, hang on it's not my fault its Steve's, ahhhhhhh now that makes me feel better. See you next year

Is that better?

Reply #118088 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think this is all flamebait. Probably some valid criticism in there, but a lot of trolling.

Reply #118091 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

number one quote you wont hear phil say.......... It's my fault

Reply #118099 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

True..... and funny nonetheless.

Reply #118101 | Report this post

Kingma, M.  
Years ago

some of your quotes are not very nice. phil has done a wonderful job considering.

Reply #118102 | Report this post

DrB  
Years ago

Mal, I am not walking unless you pay my contract out!!!!!

Reply #118111 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"We'll be better in 4-6 weeks"

Reply #118114 | Report this post

DrB  
Years ago

we have showed a lot of committment and are playing with passion ...

Reply #118126 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

I am pleased to announce my newly formed association with Advanced Hair. I expect genuine results in a matter of weeks. Watch this space (points to shiny dome)

Reply #118128 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Perhaps he meant 4-6 months???

Reply #118130 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I value all the opinions of posters on hoops.com.au.

(Mod: Nice!)

Reply #118132 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

is that you phil?

Reply #118138 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no

Reply #118168 | Report this post

Matt Ryan  
Years ago

"I value all the opinions of posters on hoops.com.au."

Even mine? Even if they are about music, movies, anything 80s and an apparent love of North blonde girls?

Reply #118212 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

"The reason i have not been able to call time outs is that the switch next to my sleeping, sorry ,coaching position that makes the red light come on has been broken for the past 6 months. Yes i could get out of my chair and walk down to the bench and ask for a time out but if the dome maintenance guy does not do his job properly then hey why should i?"

Reply #118218 | Report this post

Tony Blair  
Years ago

good thinking Kent but that option has been removed from all venues for at least the last ten years.

Reply #118227 | Report this post

Sween  
Years ago

If Phil and Steve were able to get up and verbally and physically do a passable rendition of Dave Lee Roths "Just A Gigolo", that would be quotable.

Reply #118265 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Take your word for it Tony so why are they still on the benches?

Reply #118349 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:02 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754