Anonymous
Years ago

darnell mee back to adelaide???

would you have mee back in a 36ers jersey

Topic #10286 | Report this topic

Jonno  
Years ago

at the right price yes, but if it was the choice between a Mee or a Newley or someone younger and pretty much as good i would take the younger guy, but Mee still is a very good player and would be a asset to any team

Reply #118131 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pros:
Defense
Experience and Leadership
Winning Attitude
Can play as an Aussie

Cons:
Expensive
Not a great scorer
Age?

Tough call - I think it comes down to how much Adelaide are prepared to pay for him. I think there is no doubt you'd rather have him than not, but at what price?

Reply #118133 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Great player, familiar to 36ers fans, defense is exactly what we need, but comes at a price and is a temporary solution.

Reply #118134 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

There is less risk with Darnell than with Newley.

If Newley still has dreams of NBA then he is more likely to be seduced by the NBA itself or the lure of the Euro as many sixers have been before him.

Darnell has been and done that and has a good few years in him that would see him retire here.

The other thing is that it takes the ball handling duties off Brett which could extend his career ( if he stays of course)

Reply #118135 | Report this post

Fiji  
Years ago

Yes I would Darnell!!

Reply #118137 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

Yea, i dont think anyone would complain about us signing Darnell it seems, heres hoping its possible to see him in 36ers colours and put a decent team around him, ala melbourne and D-mac.

Reply #118140 | Report this post

master?  
Years ago

Brett 35 next season, Mee 38, Big risk!!!

Reply #118143 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

Averaged 14,5,5 this year in cairns and would avg more ppg with the sixers i think, he would be solid addition for next year.

Reply #118152 | Report this post

TC  
Years ago

For the right price, definitely, a fan favourite and would help combat some of our weaknesses. A class act regardless of age.

Reply #118157 | Report this post

skink  
Years ago

mee would bring the d

Reply #118159 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

yes. He is my favorite kind of player, he just does everything and its fun watching him get angry when he thinks he gets a bad call. As people have said the $$$ play a big part but the guy is just a great leader with heart.

Reply #118174 | Report this post

Dribbler  
Years ago

I think he should be a priority signing. You know there's probably only a couple of seasons left in him, but they would be quality seasons plus you could not estimate the benifit that Sutton would gain playing next to him. If someone says he's too old, I say D-Mac.

Reply #118194 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mee fits the age criteria of the Sixers.. he's a chance to join the team next season.

Reply #118199 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i say get rid of all the old players & including the old coach & replace with young players that will give the sixers a better & brighter future...why do players like Jacob holmes & joe ingles & newley play interstate when they could play for the sixers instead & even Daniel lalic who plays for the southern tigers could play for sixers quite easily aswell...your thoughts people.....

Reply #118225 | Report this post

WTF  
Years ago

D Mee is simply another quality player which has been lost to the programme due to not wanting to play for Phil.

Sad but true

I think he still has at least two more seasons of quality in him but may be too expensive.

Reply #118549 | Report this post

skudpud  
Years ago

I agree alot with Dribbler in regards to how much the younger players could benefit by playing next to a player of Mee's caliber. It would be nice to see Brett not have to carry the ball down as often, having Sutton do so has let Maher roam around the court alot more, Mee would add to this hugely.

Reply #118647 | Report this post

Phil Bazel  
Years ago

Absolutely. Mr Mee has shown how heart and talent go hand-in-hand. Continues to demonstrate knowledge, and skill of how the game needs to be played. Great leader with ,definitely more yrs to play. A joy to watch and know. 36'ers can only stay better.

Reply #195352 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Was great for the Sixers - allowed Brett to play the 2 spot and free up for his shots all around the arc

Reply #195353 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:43 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754