Anonymous
Years ago

will willie farley be in a sixers jersey next year

will willie farley be in a sixers jersey next year

Topic #10295 | Report this topic

will anon learn what a question mark is?

Reply #118238 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Anyone that wants to bet that he will be, send payment to my office.

Reply #118241 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No way in the world will he be.

Reply #118253 | Report this post

Neptuneboy  
Years ago

Is it just me or are these two topics (the one below) started by the same person with terrible grammar..?
Haven't we talked about Farley enough?

Reply #118254 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Only if he takes his playing jersey back to the States with him and wears it around the house!

Reply #118263 | Report this post

Ryno  
Years ago

Isaac what odds are you offering??

Reply #118268 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Ryno, you would be giving your money away.

Reply #118274 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

why is everone so sure that willie is leaving?

Reply #118328 | Report this post

CAMPBELL  
Years ago

alright fellas, anyone wanna put there money on that when the season finally ends and willy isnt playing for us next year, alot of truth is gonna come out about what has really been going on???

he will play vs cairns for a send off at home but thats it.

there has been alot kept from the public and hidden behind injury...
seen it before and will see it again, time will tell..

Reply #118329 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

118328; because he's not coming back? duh!

Reply #118336 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

yea, also listen to his interview on abc.net.au in the 36ers section and even though he doesnt directly say it, it sounds as if he doesnt expect to be back

Reply #118338 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Campbell, didnt you work on the film conspiracy theory? "alot of truth is gonna come out about what has really been going on" you seem to be the type of guy that thinks that everything that is in the media is true. I know Issac has his sources for info, but you? And Issac I might be reading to far into this but you seem to have a personal problem or feeling about Willie, is this true?

Reply #118362 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Not at all, just looking to calm the "is he coming back?" questions.

Always liked watching him play, back to his first appearance in a scrimmage down in Victor/Goolwa I think it was.

This season, however, I don't think he's been a good fit for the team. He has still provided nearly every one of the major highlights all year.

Reply #118389 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Isaac, if he hasn't been a good fit for the team this season, its the team around him that's changed. I would have kept Farley & Maher and built the rest of the team around them. Farley has been great for the Sixers in the past. Whether his own personal attitude has changed or whether he didn't like this year's team, I do not know, but my guess is his problems revolve around the new team we have had this season. You just need to look at the difference in him when he arrived from West Sydney. He thrived in the Adelaide atmosphere.

Reply #118429 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The issues are his defense and inconsistent play - how does that come back to the team?

Reply #118485 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

I remember reading something a few years ago about Farley's exit from Fresno State. Apparantly he just quit on the team mid season for no particular reason if I can remember rightly.

Then there was his stint in West Sydney where he played well below his ability as he wasn't getting the shot attempts he wanted and wasn't happy.

Now there has been this sad and sorry season..

He obviously has a history of 'sulking', we just havent seen that in Adelaide before this season - as things must have always gone his way.

When he has his head right he can dominate anyone, as we have seen over the years. I still remember clearly some of the moves he pulled off in the playoffs in that first season.

Reply #118493 | Report this post

BIzzy  
Years ago

I also recall in his first season he at least played some defence. Now however he settles for ridiculous fade-aways and playing token defence at best.

Reply #118494 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

Speaking of defense: Here was a pre NBA draft report on him -

http://www.basslinespin.com/nbadraftreport.htm

"Willie Farley - Fresno State. Quick. Excellent on the ball defender..."

What the hell happened to that excellent on the ball defense?

Hmm.. Actually - just read Ron Artests draft report on the same site, and its clear the writer's were on crack.

"A versatile performer, who can run a team with his leadership skills... He plays with perfect basketball posture... I see him as a team-guy that in the near future will be a valuable asset to any squad."

Reply #118497 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Artests must have been about being drafted to a Boxing team.

Reply #118499 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

a lot of haters

Reply #118525 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:51 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754