Anonymous
Years ago

brisbane, how can they be beaten?

sure the slingers aren't the best defensive team at the best of times, but when you are shooting the percentages they are i cant see anybody even coming close to them.

fg%60 3pt%51 ft%81 and only 12t/o
they all reached double figures
and they are not so bad defensivley either

Topic #10311 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

If the Bullets couldn't defend, other teams like Perth would have a chance. But they have Mackinnon and Boucher and now Dusty has added a real defensive side to his game.

It's going to take a bit of luck for any team to top them.

Reply #118496 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

I honestly think that if Perth can make it to the Final, they could top them in 5 games.

Reply #118498 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

I think your dreaming ;-)

Reply #118501 | Report this post

DrB  
Years ago

Perth, no chance, they are struggling, gosh they could beat the hawks with our Groves. Team to challenge is melbourne. Quite simply really the too teams cheating the system the most, will end up in the grandfinal with the tigers a real chance.

Reply #118503 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

Nine players in double figures

Williamson top scored.

Bradtke didn't even play.

They are going to be tough.

Whoever beats them will have to do it by literally beating them, get Sam, CJ, Dusty, Hill & co. to spit the chewy, they are not a finals hardened team, beat them mentally. The tigers & perth are the only teams I can see that could beat them in a series.

Reply #118509 | Report this post

The Journo  
Years ago

Will Joey use this great rotation when the games get tight?

Or will the likes of MacKinnon, CJ, Ere and Dusty play big 40+ mins?

I think if he DOES use the current rotation, they will streamroll to the championship ring.

Reply #118533 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Nutwork, not a finals hardened team?? Are you kidding me? Every player you just mentioned bar Hill has championship experience, and Sammy Mc has Olympic/heaps of finals experience. Plus Bradtke - championships. There is plenty of finals "hardening" there, arguably more than any other team in the league.

Reply #118535 | Report this post

Last night Ben Melmeth and Chandler did not play for the Slingers. Had they done that maybe the result would have been closer though Brisbane certainly would have won.

Ben has had the flue - and while he was in the stadium he was no where ready to play and Chandler is still on sticks with his knee problem.

Bouncher played a very agressive defence and was very effective though not always clean and fair.

In fact Bouncher was by no mean the only Brisbane player who seems to enjoy using dirty tricks .

Some of the bench players last night seemingly was trying to get away with whater ever they could and that was easy given that one of the ref's was a well know ref of Adelaide fans. One Brisbane player inparticular was very bad to the extend that late in the game even his coach seemed to realised that there still needs to be some sportsmanship in the game.

The real issue with Brisbane last night was not so much their defence ,though it was very good , but more their ability to bring on fresh quality players all the time. You have got to wonder how they fit all these players under the NBL rules.

While the starting 5 Bullets played professional and with skill, some of the bench players seemed last night to have problem controlling their ego and seemed to think they could walk on water . This belief that they are now invincable could be a problem for them going into the play-offs.

Dusty made a good contribution . He is still the garbage man who picks up the small loose rebounds and puts them in . Nothing fancy but nice work except for a couple of fouls where he simply was too slow.

Brisbane was impressive last night , inparticular their very fast movement of the ball up the court by involving all of their players and not just a slow PG carrying the ball. In this respect they were clearly the best team I have seen this year.

The Slingers worked hard during the match. Pero had some more time but was not able to adjust to the speed of the Brisbane defence . Lary Davidson played Centre and did well until an intelligent and targeted approach by Bouncher resulted in multiple fouls within a short time and hence a more permanent visit to the bench .

You got to give it to the Slingers that with lack of their normal big men game they put some serious pressure on the Bullets in part of the game. Ben Knight had another great night , the guy simply has to be one of the best and most consistent PF at the moment and a real leader on the court. Helms and Trahair took up the challenge from the Bullets and proved they can still participate in a real shoot out game . Kench simply surprised the Bullets many time by his very agressive and never say die game . Brad Davidson needs to watch this guy if he wants to keep his place because Kench seems to have the agression but also the personal control which Davidson at times lack.

Reply #118536 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

Lockstock, i meant playing together, most would say they have underachieved in the finals the past couple of years.(Dusty hasn't won a championship, Sam hasn't won a Championship since 1996 when he was a role player, never as a key player.)

Reply #118540 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hack the knee's

Reply #118547 | Report this post

DrB  
Years ago

The ASX crashes, Eddy Groves personal forturne tumbles and he can no longer influence the NBL.

Reply #118567 | Report this post

ITA  
Years ago

By scoring more points than them.

Reply #118599 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:05 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754