Philip Mountbatten
Years ago

Wheeler to announce retirement today

Did anyone else notice that in Boti's spread today?

Inside word, or "my mail" is that Wheels is bowing out.

Anyone heard this rumour (recently), or know of any press conferences the sixers are holding shortly?

Topic #10315 | Report this topic

MW  
Years ago

I thought he retired 3 years ago?

Reply #118539 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

MW, gold, but harsh...

Reply #118546 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Wheels will be on safari very soon

Reply #118548 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

I think he has had his moments (when he actually did play) . BUT what a waste of money this season for such little output!

I'll applaud the 170 odd games he played for us before this year - but thats about it.

Reply #118553 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

I wonder what that means for the commitment he has apparently given to Sout this year in the ABL...

Reply #118575 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He'll still play for South.

Reply #118590 | Report this post

Who Me!  
Years ago

#118590, wopuld love to know where you got that from, because I couldn't confirm that, so then you must be the Coach of South to know!

Reply #118596 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In all seriousness... anyone who has met Wheels off the court would agree with me that he is one of the most genuine people you will ever meet.

Should be a good night at The Dome tomorrow night giving a fair few guys a sendoff.

Lets hope something has been planned for game night to honour these guys.

Reply #118600 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

How and who do you honour when you don't know who'll be staying, going or retiring?

I'd say that people should show up in case it's Maher's last game, in case Copeland retires in the off-season (I hope not!), in case Wheels retires, etc, but I don't know if the club can specifically plan anything?

Reply #118606 | Report this post

skudpud  
Years ago

Well done to Wheeler, Its been a huge shame that he has had these contant injury problems, he was a solid player for us when he first began and it would have been great to see him go out on a high.

Reply #118630 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

yeah if fit would have been a much different season, best of luck if you do choose to bow out, 400+ games is no mean feat well done

Reply #118807 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wheeler isn't that bad.. there is a spot for him in the NBL.. he just wasnt worth the 100k (or whatever amount it was) that we paid him

Hence I hope we don't keep him next year unless there's no one else and we pay him minimum salary

Good luck to the guy whatever he does.. reading his profile, he seems like a funny and nice guy

Reply #118818 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:22 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754