Isaac
Years ago

BSA confirms Centrals Women out

Basketball SA has issued a press release to confirm what many already knew - that Central Districts will not field a womens team in the 2007 ABL competition.

Womens teams will now have two byes in the 18-round season:

The club has already put plans in place to rectify the situation.

"A working party has been established by the club with a primary focus on reinstating the senior women's team for the 2008 season. The group will also advance a number of strategies for coaching development, player recruitment and development pathways, that are part of the club's strategic
plan."

As a result of the withdrawal, the league took the decision to leave both the men's and women's competitions at 18 rounds, with each women's teams having two byes. A new schedule, with updated times for the men's games involving Centrals, will be released next week.

Topic #10331 | Report this topic

booga  
Years ago

hahaha what a joke a working party. which group of no idea people are these. there have been pleanty of people that have left because they have parents on committes that have no idea how the sport should be run, these committes also dictate to coaches which direction to go in

i am will to call it now there will be no womens team at centrals for a min. of 3 years

Reply #118763 | Report this post

Lions Supporter  
Years ago

Booga, I agree with you, but 3 years, I don't think it will ever happen. My bet is Centrals is gone as a Senior Club after this coming season unless the BSA bi-law is changed so the men can play.

Centrals have had people with Basketball knowledge on there committees but the parent factors forced them out. The Committee thinks and runs the club like its a social club well it soon will be.

Reply #118829 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Booga" and Lions Supporter. And you are the pundits? Haha!

Are you both Ghosts of Centrals past? The club is improving from lowly days gone by. It might be better not to have womens team than to have one that gets pumped by 50+ pts every week like back in your day.

Were you both involved in those lowly, dark days at Elizabeth. Maybe its time to take a deep breath and move on with life. Im sure there are other clubs that you can not help too.

Reply #118831 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

anon have some balls and put a name up. the last time the club had a decent womens team ted powell was coaching. if it was in such a rut why haven't there been plans to fix it.... thats right they keep sacking anyone with a clue !

u reep what u sow

Reply #118865 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why don't some of the players who sit on the benches of the so called top teams and bitch about the time they get use their heads and move to Centrals, who have great facilities, and be starting 5 and help build basketball competition

Reply #119679 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Becasue they don't want too?

Reply #119686 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

so called top teams?
Either they are a top team or not....

I'd say they ARE using their heads!! In believing that their development will be better served at their current club (whichever club that may be) than the rabble out North.

It is a pity too - coz they made huge strides last year.

Reply #119694 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Surely if you weren't so biased you could see that playing would be better than not playing. I think it is just people's egos getting in the way. They like the kudos of saying they play with a top team even though they just warm the bench or get splinters.

Reply #119740 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:12 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754