Sturty6ers
Years ago

36ers vs Taipans

There hasn't been any posters yet, so I guess Isaac, Yogee, EC, and DrB are all at the game.

36ers are up in the 3rd quarter by 10. 45 to 55.

Horvath 16
Farley 11

Topic #10337 | Report this topic

billo  
Years ago

Looks like we're going to end the season on a high, Willie seems to be getting into it in his last game too. Good to see but ultimately fruitless, why couldn't we produce results like this when it mattered?

Reply #118771 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

From what i can hear on ABC, there is a huge crowd!

You can hear the youngsters chant.

Great!

Reply #118772 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

has sutton been on yet

Reply #118773 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Sutton isn't on the line up. According to the NBL website. But that could be wrong.....

Reply #118774 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Oooops! my bad. I must be blind.

Reply #118775 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Booga

Why aren't you at the game?

Reply #118776 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Looks like the 36ers have got it. Up by 9 with 3 minutes to play.

88 - 79

Reply #118777 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

had a meeting i couldn't miss sorry

Reply #118778 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Did you tip em sturty.....I did - about time they didnt stuff me up!

Reply #118779 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

does it leave u a bit pi***d off that they can play

Reply #118780 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

horvath finishes a full game oh my god time to cellabrate

Reply #118781 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

CELEBRATE A WIN!!!!

Well done Sixers!

Finally, at last our Sixers produced EFFORT, Skill, D, Scoring and DICIPLINE!

Great way to end a not so good season.

Thankyou Sixers!!!

Reply #118783 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

let the real games begin
time to goto work mal and show us what your all about!!!

Reply #118784 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Nah didn't tip them. Spewin'

Reply #118785 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

you going to go to any of Brissy finals games?

and Booga - couldnt agree more - now the fun will really start with the Sixers......this will be a very interesting offseason for the entire team

Reply #118787 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Farley wants to stay.

Farley says that he doesn't hope, he believes that he will be playing next year for the Sixers.

Reply #118788 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

damm put fingers in ear and pretend you didn't hear that

Reply #118789 | Report this post

Nino  
Years ago

Read between the lines, Farley didnt sound confident or keen at all. Not like he is going to cause a controversy via ABC radio after the fans finally get some joy!!

Reply #118791 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

If I can get any tickets I will go. Depending on work etc.....

Reply #118792 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

sutton played but had no impact but brought the ball up well

Reply #118794 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Best halftime entertainment of the whole season

Reply #118796 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Thornton got a MASSIVE alley - caught it in traffic and went up for a reverse. I really wish the Sixer's had a player like him, he went for every rebound, loose ball etc and played D like an animal.

Reply #118797 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

what, did the cafe primo girls do "what im thinking"

Reply #118798 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

Yea, he didnt sound as keen as ive heard him when saying that in previous seasons, and also from the things been said here i doubt he will be back, but personally wouldnt be too upset if he was as you could build a team around him and Maher. I think the poor season was more due to a lack of a decent starting small forward than anything, in the past we have had Holmes or a better version of Nash in that role, both play good hard defense, rebound well and put up 10-15 points,which hasnt happened this year, so i think thats the position that most needs to be looked at. I think his percieved attitude problem was just because he was frustrated losing and also the fact his father is sick in the US probably didnt help his focus, sure he didnt deal with it in the way many of us would have prefered but i still dont think the bad season can be put down to Farley, as he still has been in our top 3 players all season and is still one of the best SG's in the league.

Reply #118799 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

i've been saying if he came here he would easly be our next mark davis

Reply #118800 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

thats funny no one on here bagging the refs.

Reply #118803 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

No, I wasnt at the game, on a stupid 1400-2200 shift this month!

Reply #118808 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

The majority of the games that created the worst losing streak was without Farley. He came back tonight and resulted in a team full of passion for the game and a subsequent win. Farley has always been good for the 6ers. Sure he had some problems this season but don't write him off just yet. There are still some great times to come if only we can hold on to him. Listening to him talk after the game tonight, he said he would consider any offers the Sixers make him. He is not yet ready to quit on us. I hope his visit back home in the off season will be successful for him and then he can come back and focus on his role with 6ers.

Reply #118809 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'll bag the refs booga!!! They didn't stop the Sixers winning tonight, there goes their bonus from the NBL), but they were very inconsistent - charges and blocks are hard to call, but there were some bad ones tonight - both ways.

Reply #118810 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Talking about the refs, I have never seen a situation like tonight where AJ was awarded a free shot and although the ball left his hand before the whistle was blown for a time out call, the refs did not allow it. Surely when you go to the free throw line and the ref has given you the ball, then you are in control of the play. Any clarification on this is welcome.

Reply #118812 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The time out (and substitution) opportunity has ended once the ball is live (i.e. once the player has the ball at his disposal either for a throw in from out of bounds or for a free throw). In order for the time out to be granted in this situation, the time out request would needed to have been made (and the scorer's signal sounded) before the ball was at the disposal of the free throw shooter.

Reply #118814 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh yeah that was a big stuff up by the scorebench, but then should have been ignored by the refs

Reply #118815 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

So the refs stuffed up not the score bench. The refs make the decisions. They should have had the balls to count the shot AJ made from a decision based on the time out call being made after that play. That cost us 1 point and I am surprised we didn't lose the game by the 1 point, like the stuff up in the last few seconds of the Dragons game the other night that did cost us the game.

Reply #118820 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

How was the crowd? it sounded loud but there were only 4663.

Do you think that the free ticket thing worked?

Reply #118833 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

This is pic of the year - Looks Like Fun

Reply #118839 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Looke more than 4663. Sounded a lot more once the trumpets were handed out to the kids.

Reply #118845 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeh i couldnt stop laughing at the halftime entertainment, great stuff.

Reply #118864 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

how is it that we've been told no air horns or trumpets are to be used at games and what were the kids given last night? does't make sense

Reply #118873 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

agreed booga, i guess if a sponsers pay for horns you can have them, but if you bring your own watch out

Reply #118911 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

It wasn't a critical game for either team. Perhaps the club felt that there would be no harm done. If it had been a playoff game, I doubt the kids would have been given them.

Reply #118912 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

nothing wrong with the horns when snakes where going for a shot there was just a mass of noise

Reply #118924 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:11 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754