lightbub
Years ago

Lightning Game NOT live on ABC

The game is nearly a quarter behind on the TV, Live on WNBL.com.au

Topic #10347 | Report this topic

lightbub  
Years ago

looks likes they have deleyed the webcast ???

Reply #118890 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

On ABC Adelaide 21 Canberra 15 at quarter time.

After being down by 6 during the quarter. Gahan playing very well. Ranford in early and playing terrier like D.

Bleatty had 3 blocks in the q.

Reply #118893 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

37 all at half time according to the WNBL live stats

Reply #118894 | Report this post

lightbub  
Years ago

Were under the pump, cant keep up with Tully n Bibby.

Reply #118898 | Report this post

Shooter  
Years ago

Game over...

Does not make a difference anyway, Sydney will take out title...

Reply #118899 | Report this post

lightbub  
Years ago

Well thats 6 or 7 prelim losses in a row
Wonder what Vince and Mike will do now.

Reply #118909 | Report this post

4th Spazzy  
Years ago

cut their losses and get rid of lucas...he couldnt coach his way out of a wet paper bag!

Reply #118915 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

bad luck for the girls, hopefully next season they will go further im sure the loss of erin at the business end of the season was a big loss and distraction leading into the finals

Reply #118926 | Report this post

wallynob  
Years ago

WAY TO GO COACH OF THE MONTH GRAF......NOT!!!!!
EASY TO DO WHEN YOUR WINKING AT THEM AND WHISPERING IN THE REFEREES EARS.

Sports used to be fair...what happened? Sydney is pampered and favoured by the league...(immaturity on behalf of officials at head office...in sydney)
When I was 8 years old I would rig the game so I would always win against my little brother....DIFFERENCE IS I GREW UP.

Whats with benching the WNBA import Rasmussen for the whole 4th Quarter? Why bring her over if you're gonna let her gather cobwebs..no big deal...JUST THE SEMI FINAL...Nothing like a coach getting poopy like a 5 year old and punishing players by sitting them down if they miss a shot or something... just to show how in charge he thinks he is...

Seriously...Lucas..grow up mate...Sydney..WNBL OFFICIALS...cut the apron strings and keep it fair...

Lightning...good game, way to go putting in your best...

i'm speechless...

Reply #118931 | Report this post

torn acl  
Years ago

ch2 telecast kept blacking out for periods of 15-30 seconds - regularly ?? must have done it 20 times.

Reply #118933 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Great game all-round. Game changer after the half was when Bibby hit back-to-back threes to break the deadlock.

Wallynob, the officiating was pretty good, one or two strange calls, but overall one of the better games I've seen.

Will agree Lucas made some strange coaching decisions and his use of his guards and his match ups were terrible.

Tully (game MVP) and Bibby killed the Lighting. Beatty probably had 5 blocks for the game. Bishop had some nice moves in the block, but has to learn a dropstep. Still, nice game.

Agree with thomo, add erin to Adelaide as she's the only one who can go with Tully and Bibby and the game is probably a lot different.

Reply #118934 | Report this post

wallynob  
Years ago

Good call TR...you are right...not alot of dodgy calls...

But because of that hand graf has in the ref's pockets, its just difficult to trust the validity of all calls made by them.

when it appears one coach is having any kind of influence, it gets messy and trust is out the window..know what i mean?

Reply #118937 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Always nice to have a influential coach whilst playing at home that knows how to work the refs. :)

What I like a Carrie is she seems to be motivator as well as a coach (her speech before the game was great). She talks to all her players from 1 through to 10 and is constantly on her feet. She works the refs well. IMO I feel she wouldn't be out of her league if she coached a NBL team.

I don't think Lucas got of his chair for the whole game and was totally out coached.

Reply #118939 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Wally, not sure what path your going down with the hand in the pocket reference.

I think Graf has been around long enough and coached enough not to have to resort to stuff like that. She is one very well respected lady here in Canberra and in broader terms, the basketball community and has the runs on the board.

I think the refs know that she's a very talented coach who knows and understand the game and very rarely does she go off about calls.

From memory there were two calls where I thought 'oh my'. One was in the 2nd where a Lightning player strips Tully of the ball, Tully turns around and gets the ball back and the Adelaide players has a little swipe (at the ball) and gets hit with a foul. Should of been play on.

Second call was again in the second where Abrams drives down the middle, the Lightning player had position and got slugged with a blocking foul. IMO should of been a charge.

Apart from those two, overall a good call by all the refs. They didn't impact the game and it was almost like they weren't there.

Reply #118940 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

TR - from the position of where I get to sit, I can guarantee Graf works the refs the whole game, and has a MAJOR sook if she doesnt get the calls. I remember a stamp of the feet at Wayville a couple of seasons ago that shook from the media bench right down to the court annoncer desk.

After the game (they lost) she was screaming at the refs, calling them cheats in the corridors.

Reply #118941 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Guess I didn't get to see that side of her Yogee. The Caps did win so no need to splinter and no real outrageous calls.

I do like the way she works the refs though. I was sitting about 3 metres behind her and had numerous laughs. Nothing wrong with working the refs as long as you know when to shut the trap and it doesn't have a negative impact on your team. Guess she just picks her places to voice her opinion.

Reply #118942 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Get over it. The Caps won and good on them. It was a great game and Bibby is a star!!!!

The refs didnt have a huge impact on the game & Graf deserves respect. She motivates her team and is a great coach. She totally outcoached Lucas.

Credit to both teams. It was a great game, and if Bibby is on song next week, Look out Flames

Reply #118943 | Report this post

4th Spazzy  
Years ago

yogee i think i was at that game...no wait a minute that describes almost all games she loses...talk about feral!

Good call wallynob...Lucas is a child...i hope vince sees what he has got for a coach!...we will never get past the prelim with him in charge...!

Reply #118945 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Winners are grinners, and face it they won. You cant keep blaming everyone else. They played well, but just werent good enough on the day

Reply #118953 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

It was a great game, and the better team won.

I must admit I am so sick and tired of people bagging coaches on this forum...if your so bloody good, go and do the job!

Reply #118983 | Report this post

4th Spazzy  
Years ago

isnt that what u did in your post yogee?

i thought that this is the whole point of a forum...a place where we bball lovers can vent...

if so many people have a problem with the coaches...maybe there is a reason or maybe some of their points have some validity...if u have a problem with people voicing thoses opinions maybe you are visiting the wrong website...

and the last part..."if your so bloody good, go and do the job!...how lame a response is that..?

Reply #118984 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

No one is claiming to be good enough to coach professionally. That doesnt mean people can't have an opinion!

Since when do you have to be better than someone else at something to be allowed to criticise? You would never have bagged out any politicians would you Yogee?

Reply #118986 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

What Kwest said.

Reply #118997 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Yogee, not saying Lucas is a bad coach, I'm saying is that Graf taught him a serious lesson in all aspects of coaching. Maybe he was having a bad day, maybe the higher altitude of Canberra effected him, maybe the boredom of a Friday night spent in Canberra stuffed him up or the early flight across... who knows.

Bring on the Flames, we will have to play better to beat them.

Reply #119009 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:53 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754