Isaac
Years ago

36ers Press Conference 3pm today

The Adelaide Pura Milk 36ers will hold a press conference today at 3.00pm at the Distinctive Homes Dome to announce some major movements within the current playing list.

In attendance will be the 36ers owner Mal Hemmerling, Head Coach Phil Smyth and Captain Brett Maher.
Guesses everyone?

"major improvements" certainly sets expectations high.

Topic #10361 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

might have misread it there Isaac.....it says major movements....

Reply #119014 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Haha, true! Oops.

Reply #119016 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Brett in attandance suggests he has signed on.

Farley already packed up and gone?

Reply #119017 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

You'd think it's Maher signing for a couple of years and Farley moving on. Perhaps Wheeler retiring?

Sounds like Horvath has a bit of an injury, so I don't know that they'd be jumping into anything there.

Reply #119018 | Report this post

Brian Fantanna  
Years ago

Brett must have signed on or he could be saying thanks to a club that has given him great opportunities throughout his career and then announcing he is off to Gold coast

Reply #119019 | Report this post

NVS  
Years ago

it is probably just about Maher...

If it was about Farley moving on then i would assume he would be present and the same goes for Wheeler retiring.

Reply #119023 | Report this post

raytri  
Years ago

I hope MAJOR movements means MAJOR improvements

Reply #119024 | Report this post

raytri  
Years ago

I see Boti has listed Luke Schenscher as a possibility, is this just wishful thinking...

Reply #119026 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

his whole team is, no way they could get all of them. I guess you shoot for the stars.

Reply #119029 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Luke's priorities are another shot at the NBA or Europe, but you never know. Have to put the questions to him regardless.

Reply #119033 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Would have to be the re-signing of Maher wouldn't it? Let's hope it is. Like you said, could also be potentially Wheels retiring.
I don't think they would be holding a press conference to say they're not signing Farley again.

Reply #119036 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The pessimist in me says that Maher is leaving as he was not offered enough. However he won't be able to say who he is going to because "officially", no other club has spoken to him!!!

Reply #119039 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would Brett be making that sort of announcement 2 days before the birth of their baby?

Reply #119045 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It will be about Maher re signing, Phil staying on as coach and Horvath and Farley being released by the club.

Unfortunately a change hasnt been made with coach, so will be interesting to see what happens next year. but i believe the other 3 are all good calls.

Reply #119047 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

Isaac ..
What injury is Horvath carrying ? Ankle ?

Reply #119051 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Come on people... as if Maher is going to turn up to a press conference to announce that he's decided to leave.

Maher to re-sign, Nash to be exiled in the desert to try and find his jumpshot.

Reply #119054 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Has there been any leaks as to what the press conferance is about??

Reply #119056 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Only in the men's room, #056

Reply #119059 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Skyhook, yes, I believe so.

Reply #119060 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe it's to announce the MVP because no one was interested in forking out 90 bucks to go tonight to "celebrate the 2006/2007 season"

Reply #119071 | Report this post

Doctor E  
Years ago

Smyth in attendance? I guess that means he's staying on.

Reply #119086 | Report this post

Who Me!  
Years ago

If it's to be anything to do with "Player Movement" besides Brett re-signing, it would have to be about guys who are either: -
(a)not currently playing NBL, maybe Ryan Kersten as has been rumoured, or
(b)from another team that hasn't made the play-offs, maybe Glen Saville sigining to play here as well!
Or is that too much to hope for this soon?

Reply #119090 | Report this post

Jimmy_The_Snitch  
Years ago

It would be

A) Phil Smyth staying on for next year
B) Brett Maher and David Cooper to sign a new contract
C) Retirement of players (Wheeler, Nash, Copeland and Timmons)

I highly doubt they would announce any player sacking yet, as the season 2006/07 review was only started today.

They might announce that the club will be looking for replacement imports for both Willy Farley and Nick Horvath but any announcement regarding the signing of players will be 4 to 6 weeks away.

Reply #119091 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Any word yet???

Reply #119098 | Report this post

damrob  
Years ago

Just heard that Brett has re-signed.

Reply #119104 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

good, had to happen. Now some normality and look to focus on building back.

Reply #119107 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Maher will get a job after his two year deal in administration and marketing for the Sixers accoriding to the Sixers.

Reply #119156 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Announcing that they are employing Brisbane's accountants to help them put together a championship team next season.

Reply #119161 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

EC, that was last fortnight!

Reply #119205 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:48 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754