Panther
Years ago

Bogut Watch

Andrew has started extremely well against the number one team in the league the Dallas Mavericks. 10 points and 7 rebounds in the first quarter...Go the Bogey Man!

Topic #10400 | Report this topic

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

Without meaning to jinx Bogut today (I hope he plays well), I saw this the other day and forgot to post it until my memory got jogged.

I think due to parochialism, we're much more likely here in Oz to hear about Bogut's pros and not the cons, but the one line about him is pretty damning and not something I'd heard previously:

And second-year center Andrew Bogut is among the worst in the NBA when it comes to defensive rotations, equally inept at closing out on shooters like Michael Doleac or penetrating guards.

PS Scratch-and-sniff sticker to anyone who can come up with anything else that can be jogged, besides memory.

Reply #119490 | Report this post

o&b  
Years ago

A running path can be jogged yeah? I'll have orange flavour please

Reply #119491 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Poor Bogey - to be criticised using a Michael Doleac reference - ouch!

Reply #119499 | Report this post

DA VOICE  
Years ago

Half Time. Bucks - 58. Mavs - 45.
Bogut - 14 points and 11 rebounds.

Reply #119501 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Bo, a dial can be jogged or shuttled?

Reply #119503 | Report this post

Izzy  
Years ago

Jogged - Sixers defensive transition.

Reply #119505 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

I'll pay both a dial, and to a lesser extent a running path, but I guess I was more after something in the context of a hint or a reminder. In that sense, I've only ever heard of a memory being jogged - unless someone can jog my memory by coming up with another.

Reply #119507 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Isn't the memory the ONLY thing that can be jogged in the context of a hint or reminder?????? As in REMEMBER???

Reply #119522 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Getting of Bogut and jogging, I had a look at the boxscores for the Hornets v Grizz.

The Hornets scored 104 points on 103 shots. First time in a while I remember a team taking more that a 100 shots. No wonder Chandler had 23 rebounds.

Reply #119534 | Report this post

DA VOICE  
Years ago

FINAL SCORE.MAVS-99 / BUCKS-93.
BOGUT - 42:17 MIN, 16 PTS, 17 REB, 3 ASST.

Reply #119538 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Bogut is an arrogant jerk. Not exactly a rare breed in the NBA, but still... I don't personally give a fig about his career. Why can't Aussie sporting exports ever be half-decent people?

Reply #119551 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Ben, what makes you say that?

I think he is a decent role model and ambassador for Australia.

Are you going by those comments re Gaze, Longley and Heal or whatever was said at the time?

Reply #119562 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

I think that Bogut is a little up himself and abit of a jerk. He has said some stupid things.

However, he is a great ambassador of the NBL.

Reply #119571 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

I dont totally agree with Bogut being "an arrogant jerk" .. BUT what i do say is this country has no idea how to recognize the achievement of this guy.

The popular media in Oz has no idea how HUGE it was for an Aussie to go No 1 in the Draft - they were more worried about McLeod and Edwards wives having a dispute over who is better/worse friends with the Hewitts.

So i say if Bogut wants to let rip with a few comments every so often to keep a spark under these media outlets - LET HIM.
He has already surpassed what Longley offered to Chicago as a player (although im not trashing Luc ) and OUR best ever Andrew Gaze, he deserves more recognition than he is getting.

Those numbers against Dallas are very good .
And to play the number of minutes he did and only lose by 6 shows he must be able to play D!

Reply #119573 | Report this post

Jimmy_The_Snitch  
Years ago

The horseman jogged the reins lightly.

To move or shake with a push or jerk = Jogged

Reply #119576 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You have to be a bit full of yourself to play in a league like the NBA. Imagine an Introvert making the NBA, he would be eaten a live

Reply #119584 | Report this post

Skudpud  
Years ago

Quite alot of introverts have played and being successful in the NBA, I met a guy thats about as shy as you can get that played for the wizards, wasnt to bad either.
Reggie Miller was a quite spoken player that kept much to himself. Shaq is even called Mr Nice guy because he doesnt give out much shit.

Bogut's is just arrogant, he lacks respect for the program that helped him get to where he is.

The media report what they think people want to here, we are lucky to have boti even reporting on the 36ers. Footballs the #1 sport in SA and until that changes its going to have more written about it.

Reply #119629 | Report this post

Because of conflicting philosophies within the organization, chances are coach Terry Stotts eventually goes for reasons beyond the fact that the otherwise amiable Stotts does not have the commanding presence typically associated with the position. Part of that is because the coach and the No. 1 draft pick, Andrew Bogut, aren't compatible.
-- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel

Reply #119656 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

And the other part is he just cannot coach!

Reply #119657 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Anon #119584 - try:
Tim Duncan
Scottie Pippen
Shawn Marion
John Stockton
the list goes on and on

Reply #119659 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Lockstock, you forgot the biggest..

The Cap! Kareem AbdulJabbar.

Reply #119661 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Skudpud, why is Bogut arrogant and how does he lack respect of the program???

Reply #119668 | Report this post

JohnnySack  
Years ago

I find these rather personal attacks on Bogut amusing (i often wonder if they are ethnically motivated sometimes...), the guy is no more arrogant than any number of basketball players (NBA and NBL)... and really he`s got an opinion and he`s expressing it (which should be applauded) - yeah he made some faux pas (in the whirlwind of media attention) when he got drafted and immediately after... but what has he said since (and for the record - he is the best post player we have produced, in only his 2nd NBA season)... and i totally agree with the above poster that the Oz media and public at large have NO conception of what a big deal Boges going No 1 in the NBA draft (and playing n the NBA) is... The guy clearly has talent - it`s just a matter of time, yesterday`s game was no fluke...

Reply #119693 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Plus he plays in a small market in Milwaukee..IMO if he was playing for the Lakers or Knicks, there would be a lot more press on him. Besides, he has to act arrogant over there, or he will look like a tourist.

Reply #119708 | Report this post

why wouldn't you be arrogant if you went number 1 in the NBA draft. it means you were the best amateur player in America at the time

Reply #119720 | Report this post

Lloyd Braun  
Years ago

Im sure Kwame Brown agree's with you elg, not me..

Reply #119730 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

ELG, I wasn't bagging him, I was defending him. All the great players have a bit of arrogance to them, look at MJ, Pete Sampras, Schumacher, Tiger. Sometimes, that is what seperates them from the good players.

Reply #119732 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Someone ask Brad Newley what the guys at the 'Tute thought of Bogut (personally, not as a player) at that time.

Also ask the guys (84-85 group) who played against him at the 20 Nationals what they thought of him.

Then maybe 123abc might feel vindicated.

Reply #120090 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:01 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754