SD
Years ago

Has anything changed, or is it just the same?

I have been reading this site for about a year, and it all seems to be exactly the same as a year ago.

With all the restructuring that has gone on, has anything changed?

Topic #10403 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nope, you still typify the arrogant know-it-all Sturt parent.

Reply #119555 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Has what changed? Basketball in SA? This forum? Something else?

Reply #119563 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

I changed my dacks last week

Reply #119564 | Report this post

Orlando Smith  
Years ago

Liar SVD

Reply #119566 | Report this post

Nino  
Years ago

I havent changed my dacks all year.

Very indepth topic

Reply #119569 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

"I havent changed my dacks all year."

Thanks for that.

Shouldn't jokes about jocks and dacks be in this thread?

http://www.hoops.com.au/sa/i.cfm/forumlist/10383

basketball jokes and dacks humor are about the same right?

No.

Reply #119572 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Insert violin music here for 123abc...

Reply #119577 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To much club vested interest for changes in basketball at district level to change and to little interest, as the above posts indicate, to pursue it.

Reply #119590 | Report this post

Big Kahuna  
Years ago

I changed my dacks last night but that has been three years in the planning. Even my dog doesn't know if it's me now.

Reply #119591 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

By a look at the responses nothing about this forum has changed!

Reply #119596 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LEAVE STURT ALONE

Reply #119601 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Junior Basketball has changed a heap.

I'm from the country. We are coming in leaps and bounds.

Thanks Isaac.......fantastic forum. Dont let anyone tell you otherwise.

Reply #119604 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

SD, the season for Adelaide only finished 5 days ago. The end of the finals doesn't come until 12th March. Free agents not allowed to be contacted for another 2 weeks after that. How much change do you expect at this early stage?

Reply #119610 | Report this post

SD  
Years ago

I do not know why I bother with this forum - what a waste of time.

Reply #119641 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Forgive me if I am wrong - but I believe the original poster "SD" was making a point about how the same topics keep coming up just under a different question title, EG HOT WEATHER POLICY, PRO/REL. DIV 1 KIDS GETTING ALL THE BREAKS, ZONING ISSUES, COUNTRY KIDS, I dont think the original poster was knocking anybody - or this site as many of you believe - I am assuming SD was just wondering why things haven't changed - a lot of people on here have a lot of valid points to make about changing things eg The Hot Weather Policy, zoning, etc etc - and it would be great if some of the issues discussed on this site actually did get looked at by the new Basketball Adelaide, so we can say how great it was that they BSA made the HOT WEATHER POLICY CLEARER. I would be certain that the "Powers That Be" do read this site - I know that it is early days for BSA but some changes would be good.

By the way - I have no clue as to who "SD" is or any of you for that matter.

Reply #119643 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

In all seriousness, I am now 30 (which belies the fact that I made a changing my dacks joke) and have been playing ball for 18 years - nothing ever changes - they still ahve the same old duscks on the door at some of these places as they did when I was kid.

It has gotten stale and I think that management has gotten to the point where they have tried to change this - nothing ever happened so they stopped caring and just run with what they know.

Reply #119648 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't just walk by the "old ducks" who have little choice but to be there week in week out (no one else obviously volunteers for the job) and complain that it's all a bit stale and nothing changes.
The game is only going to be as strong as it's "supporters" and that starts with getting involved with your clubs/associations, not just playing for and watching them!

Reply #119662 | Report this post

Matt Ryan  
Years ago

I'm in Peterborough now! There's a change.

My music tastes hasn't changed!

I am no longer in a position to stalk blonde North girls! There's a change!

Reply #119801 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

you still manage to turn every topic back to yourself, that hasn't changed.

Reply #119810 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Guess what! BSA have postponed Junior Games this weekend due to the Heat - Well done - it is evident they sought advice from Sport SA and have taken their duty of care responsibilities seriously - well done! Also a review of the Hot Weather Policy guidelines to be announced in about 1 months time. Great effort and GREAT CHANGE!

SVD -what would you prefer "young ducks" these "old ducks" are the backbones of their respective clubs and a bit of respect for them wouldn't go astray. I dont think you would get any "young ducks" willing to put in the hours that these women do. Coz they would want to be out partying on Friday and Saturday nights and wouldn't get up early enough for 8.00 am games on Saturday mornings

Reply #119853 | Report this post

Clark Kent  
Years ago

The old duck at Wayville on Saturday mornings is my favorite.

He looks about 50! :-)

Reply #119862 | Report this post

Neptuneboy  
Years ago

Matt, the term 'Blonde North girls' has changed for you.
It now refers to those living in northern South Australia with cowboy hats and whips.

No hang on, the 'blonde north girls' as the Hoops family knows it, probably have cowboy hats and whips too...

Sorry, didn't think that one through!

Reply #119869 | Report this post

Matt Ryan  
Years ago

Ha ha, very good Neptuneboy!

Reply #120015 | Report this post

Matt Ryan  
Years ago

Ha ha, very good Neptuneboy!

Reply #120016 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the 'Nice Stat Padding' gag for a doulbe posting

Reply #120022 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the 'Nice Stat Padding' gag for a doulbe posting

Reply #120023 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

dammit. Wrong thread.

Reply #120024 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:12 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754