Topic #10441 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great Seasons by all 5!!

3 in a row for Phillips!

Reply #120079 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jenna O'Hea should have been in that line up!!

Reply #120082 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

an All star and the Golden hands award ... but no club award?? It just seems a little odd.
Top 10 in PP, foul shot %, 3 point shot %, Rebounds, assists.. steals..

weird.... and none of this "she put herself before the team"... I am damn sure Sam missed a crucial away double header mid season. I have no issue in her doing that.. except where it is then compared to Erins miss of games. Both were legitimate reasons for missing.. and if Erin is bagged.. then where do you draw the line on what is 100% committment to the team and what is a legit cause to miss?

Reply #120084 | Report this post

lightbub  
Years ago

any reason every forum needs to crap on about erin not winning a trophy, weird how each post has no identity ??

Reply #120087 | Report this post

lightbub  
Years ago

what a shame mum and dad phillips didnt call the kid mary , then she would have been MVP from birth and prevented all the sooking

Reply #120088 | Report this post

Sector 7G  
Years ago

Jacq? .... Is that you?

Reply #120094 | Report this post

Macca  
Years ago

No sorry. Didnt see that I had not placed a name to my post. Ive read Jacq's posts and they are certainly very Erin orientated... as I guess mine is... but I just found it odd that she is a All Star and no club award.
Grima, Wilson and Porter all their club MVP's... I just found it odd. And I guess I was actually wondering if there is actually a coach V player fued or if it is merely an unfortunate perception.

Reply #120100 | Report this post

Anti-phillips  
Years ago

GET OVER IT MACCA!! Absolutely pathetic to even bring it up once again!

Reply #120126 | Report this post

Anti-phillips  
Years ago

To be honest, she prob didn't even deserve all star 5 so no club award it understandable..

Reply #120127 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Macca - could it be that All Star is picking the best players in the leagu for a certain spot, whereas MVP is the most valuable player.

Erin didnt get MVP of the league after all, did she?

Reply #120143 | Report this post

Macca  
Years ago

Anti Phillips.. are you for real? I asked a simple question... I'm over it... however I am very interested as to whether there is what so many people on this forum allude to.. a player conflict with her side and/or coach.
Rightly or wrongly I believe Erin Phillips to be a very important member of the Adelaide side. I find it strange that anyone would take such offence with such aggression to a question as to whether there is actually a player/coach spat.. or if it is a mere perception.
If this is a basketball forum of real credit then I should be allowed to ask that question and I would expect people to say what they think. Not to be told to "get over it". To me it is an interesting side line to what was a tremendous season from the AQL.
I would say that Crows supporters would be interested if Roo were to be at odds with Craig and remained unsigned.... Port ditto with Tredrea, Liverpool with Steven Gerrard, Thierry Henry with Aresnal. It is part and parcel of supporting a team... wondering what is going on in the inner sanctum, wondering what the make up of your side will be.... gossip/innuendo and speculation.
I find you pety, pathetic and obviously tremendously uneducated to not be able to debate or give reasons as to why this would or would not be so.
Cheers Yogee for your thought provoking comment. I have only recently become a fan of the AQL. Probably 4 years... I do dont know many of the ins and outs but I do understand elite sport very well.
I would hope that my views are just trampled on because I do not understand basketball to the level I am sure most of you do.
Although Anti Phillips I still do believe that anyone with the stats that Erin had for the season and the teams rate of success with her in the side.. that she would actually have every right to a position on the all star 5.

Reply #120162 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

macca. the club mvp is voted by the coaches. the league AS5 is voted by OTHER COACHES only. erin still has to work on the 'team' part of her game i think youll find.

Reply #120208 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anti phillips, for someone to be completely aggressive towards erin, sounds to me like you are/were a player of the lightning.
Otherwise i dont think you would have even bothered to comment to macca!! just seems a little suss if just a "supporter" of this team would be this pathetic.
Congrats on the all star 5 and golden hand Erin, no one deserved that spot more than you!!

Reply #120209 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:36 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754