Isaac
Years ago

NBA All-Star Dunk Comp (spoiler)

Thought this deserved its own topic but a few people have already commented in another thread. I've tacked "spoiler" on just in case people have taped it to review later.

IMO they need a field of eight dunkers, and then four finalists. Two to three attempts at each dunk, rather than having to watch Nate try the same thing 10 times. I'd rather see more variety and participants than what we saw this time.

Anyone hear that Howard requested that the ring be set to 12' and it was denied? I liked the sticker dunk - at least it was a bit inventive.

Topic #10456 | Report this topic

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Yeo Dwight for mine was not rewarded by the judges.

All the other dunks you could put in the "seen it before" catergory. They are all variations of stuff that has been done.

Dwight with the sticker has not been done before and so deserved better scores than what it got. Even bouns points for having a sticker with him on it, the measuring tape it was all good.

Reply #120207 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Dwight wanted to put the ring to 12' for one dunk and 11'5, heard he was going to be doing a 360 on the 11'5 dunk.

Agreed Isaac, bigger field with more dunks could make it a lot more interesting.

As I said in the other thread, have been extremely disappointed with the Weekend so far.

Reply #120210 | Report this post

Billy  
Years ago

No doubt the sticker dunk was the best most innovative and funniest and not rewarded. The dunk over NAte Robinson was pretty good also.

Reply #120218 | Report this post

Nino  
Years ago

I will watch today's game, as I have done the previous days, but the thing is that every year, bar the Jordan comeback games, I find the All-Star game to be such an anti-climax. Players just dont care now like they did in the 90's and before.

Perhaps an end of season event with high stakes money on offer to the winning team ala what the NFL offers players in the Pro Bowl would entice some competitive spirit. Imagine if the East and West went at it like the old days of AFL State of Origin Footy.

Reply #120229 | Report this post

matt  
Years ago

gerald greens dunks were of the chain although dwights sticker dunk deserved 50 for sure it should have been gerald and dwight in the final

Reply #120232 | Report this post

kat  
Years ago

deffinatly should have been green and dwight in the final ...

stupid favouring the short kid!!

Reply #120299 | Report this post

njh  
Years ago

I also heard that Dwight wanted to do a windmill where he kisses the ring.

Think they said that Stern said it was too dangerous.

Reply #120348 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #120508 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #120509 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

For those who haven't seen the comp, click here for the full 10 minute competition.

I love Howard's sticker dunk. Deserved a 10 for sure.

Reply #120510 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Also, you can view:

skills challenge and game highlights.

Reply #120512 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:59 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754