Anonymous
Years ago

WOMENS 2007 ABA PREDICTIONS

Ok and now a womens one.
With the beginning of the season imminent, early predictions??

Catagories:

a) 07 Grandfinal game

b) Team to improve the most

c) Wooden Spooners

d) League MVP

My Picks are:
a) South v Forestville
b) South
c) Woodville
d) Sam Wosnam

Topic #10457 | Report this topic

Achtung Baby  
Years ago

With some big names back, big names in, and some switching of teams, the top four teams this year look pretty obvious. West, South, Forrestville, Southern all look good, but finding a winner of the bunch seems very hard. Sturt and North will again be around the mark, but a little off the pace with the other four.

The vast improvers will be South, Truslove's inclusion will be huge, giving the side a big inside force Glenn Shaw has much needed, and with Carla Boyd, Peddle, and Kelson, they look good for a much higher finish, and finally a team to compete.

Bottom place seems to be quite obvious unfortunately, with Woodville looking unlikely to even grab a win with the demise of Centrals women.

Top players again will be amongst the contenders, The Bowley's, Woosnam, Brown, Kelson, and Beatty.

Reply #120223 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

South will be the big improvers, Truslove is a massive pick up for them, word is she has been training the house down. With Carla and Vicki they will be around the mark at the end of the year.

Sturt will be competative, but cant see them threatening.

West will miss Lampshed and Truslove, and will have to rely on Woosnam, Jenner and King (if she has signed there) to score lots of points.

Reply #120224 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

i predict a new team to finish bottem for the first time in 7 years

Reply #120288 | Report this post

Big Kahuna  
Years ago

booga very good you are right of course as Centrals is no longer in the comp. There indeed will be a new team at the bottom.

Reply #120324 | Report this post

dog  
Years ago

south will be good this year if the old people stay fit.

Reply #120325 | Report this post

been around  
Years ago

any team lists around - then i will comment

if woodville bring some of their better juniors in they may not be the push over predicted

Reply #120341 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Norwood women will struggle this season with the loss of Abrams, Hurst, Keller & Winfield Damien had better of found some new recruits!

Reply #120346 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Southern - Will miss the finals.

Reply #120351 | Report this post

Years ago

you are an absolute tool anonymous. Southern will be a top four team without a doubt.

WNBL Grand Final MVP Beatty, Cooper, Walker, Cannon. you are on some serious drugs if you think Southern Tigers women wont make the top four.

I suppose you think Centrals women can make the finals too mate!!!

They are non-existent, mush like your brain was when you posted that coment!+

Reply #120357 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Come in Spinner.

Reply #120378 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks Noel.

Reply #120379 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

a)Forestville v Sturt

b)South

c)Perhaps have a look at Mavs to finish bottom. They seems to have had some pretty significant losses, and a big turnover in players, whether those new people can mesh in time to be able to fill those holes will be interesting to see.

d)Kelson for an upset MVP

Reply #120385 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hey Noel,

Still reckon you won't make it.

Sturt
Forestville
South
West

Only time will tell.

Reply #120386 | Report this post

D J  
Years ago

Southern ,Eagles final
Sturt
north
west
south
Woodville last

Reply #120493 | Report this post

jjj  
Years ago

In the Four is;sturt southern south and eagles

Reply #120494 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not sure how Woosnam, King, Smith, Jenner and Coleman and Soulatzis will struggle to score points... and word is another gun guard could be on the way

Reply #120827 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you mean King? It's already been put on here in another thread.

Reply #120845 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry anon I should have read you post properly before I made the statement above about king.

Reply #120860 | Report this post

west  
Years ago

yer believe that Jess Mahney is suiting with the Bearcats!

Reply #120874 | Report this post

NR  
Years ago

Anonymous #120386 thanks for thinking of me. However the reply from #120357 was not me.

Reply #121147 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

South will not be that high without Carla. Shame about the knee. South's starters will be good then they drop away after that.

Reply #122835 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:52 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754