Nutwork
Years ago

AND1 Cricket

I have never worn And1 shoes but it has intrigued me watching the cricket this summer that Matthew Hayden was rocking some sort of custom And1 shoe with cricket spikes on the bottom.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Are And1 moving into the cricket scene or is this a one off?

What's next, Ricky Ponting wearing Jordan XXII's in the World Cup?

So many questions.

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/england/content/image/279689.html

Topic #10467 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Has been mentioned on this forum before, but I can't remember which threads. A search might reveal more.

Reply #120397 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

McGrath wears them as well...maybe it is to enhance his batting ability..

Reply #120404 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Mc Grath is also rolling AND 1 style

Reply #120405 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

its just a normal boot whiich has been spiked for better fit and comfort you'll find batsmen will wear cross trainers with 1/2 spikes where bowlers will full spikes so they can get more give when tey hit the pitch hard.

Reply #120410 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And 1 shoes are uncomfortable anyway, who cares ?

Reply #120421 | Report this post

Reginald  
Years ago

Yes, AND1 will also be doing football shoes this year - they came across this football and cricket market after talking to the players as they are coming in to buy the 'under armour' gear which is sold by the same company - the garments that players wear under their gear to keep cool 'skins'.

Reply #120527 | Report this post

brett  
Years ago

These shoes are done by Fast Bowlers United. They are a brisbane based company speciallizing in cricket shoe conversion. Some names using their shoes include Matthew Hayden, Glen McGrath, James Anderson, Shane Watson and the list goes on. They will turn whatever shoes you want into half or full spikes. try www.fbutd.com for more info

Reply #150031 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Rumour has it Stuart McGill's recent trash talking escapades in Pakistan were inspired by his And1 cricket shoes. I have it on good authority he was fined for refering to a Pakistani player's mother as an "astronaut" and making several references to her girth and financial position.

Reply #150048 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Asdfsdf

Reply #151797 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nathen Bracken also wears an and1 model of shoes. I wouldn't mind a pair myself.

Reply #230975 | Report this post

chris burns  
Years ago

Nathen Bracken also wears an and1 model of shoe. I wouldn't mind a pair myself.

Reply #230976 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:31 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754