Anonymous
Years ago

Listing scorers in district mens.

Do we really need to list top scorers for division 3/4/5 seniors? All it is doing is making ball hogs of no talent hacks who want to top score in a 40 point loss to get their name on the internet and talk about how great they are while their team-mates suffer.

Anyone else for no more listing of top scorers in district 3/4/5 mens?

Topic #10471 | Report this topic

Hack  
Years ago

Is that because your a player
who gets that amount scored on him every week or a tool who plays in a higher grade and thinks he is the man.

everyone deserves to have a score posted from the lowest grade to the highest grade.

kids to adults

What could possibly bad about that.

Reply #120453 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

What could be bad about that is me deciding to quit before they started doing that :(

I think its a great idea!

Reply #120457 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i think if points r gonna be kept keep assists and rebounds too, there is more to the game than scoring

Reply #120472 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's seniors - I think everyone is over seeing their name on the internet.

Reply #120474 | Report this post

Who Me!  
Years ago

So Anonymous #120472, are you going out to every Div 2 -5 Game with your own Laptop to do Stats for this. Most teams struggle to get a scorer out and most clubs struggle to get full Panel of Scorers/Stats for the one ABL team.
I truly hope you were just being sarcastice with that comment!

Reply #120475 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No I'm a spectator with friends who play who is sick of seeing guys on 2 on 1 fast breaks ignore team-mates and trying to take off balanced jumpshots that miss while someone else is wide open so they can top score with 12 points in a forty point loss.

The only guys who get up 20 or 30 points play on teams which play the game how is it meant to be and share the rock around the court and everyone comes better off for it.

Seems like #120453 you are one of those players who loves to play outside the team offence, rack up 15 turnovers, shoot less than 30% but top scores with 12 points in a forty point loss and can brag to all your non basketball mates in the office about how you are carrying the team and boost your small ego.

Reply #120488 | Report this post

jimmy de bas  
Years ago

'No I'm a spectator with friends who play'

=

'I'm a bench player with team mates who get on court while i get jealous.'

Reply #120601 | Report this post

olskoolgamer  
Years ago

Easy tigers.

The points are only posted 'cause they are there on the score sheet, no extra stats people are needed.

The type of people that check the web to see if their scores beat other peoples will be ball hogs anyway, with or without stats on the web.

So why not? The people that like it can have a look, if you don't like it or don't care, don't look.

If there is someone on the opposition team scoring more in a loss, who cares, its easier for you to win. If that guy is on your team then someone should pistol whip him into line.

Simple as that!

Reply #120669 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:51 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754