Anonymous
Years ago

Rillie a Croc for three more

great news for crocs supporters out there, they also have drew williamson and greg vanderjagt on contract.

if the crocs keep most of there roster from last season and drop rice and newley and pick up a decent starting 5 and 2/3 and you have yourself a top 4 team.

Topic #10472 | Report this topic

KingJames  
Years ago

I don't think that would make them a top 4 team. I think they were massively over rated this season and I was surprised they did so well and made the 8. If they lose Newley they will do much worse next season.

Reply #120461 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

IMO newley is the most over rated player out there. if he is extremely lucky he might get picked up in the second round of the draft and either play a little bit of d league or euro and then be back in the nbl in three years after achieving nothing. his problem is he listened to his own hype to much and its like he thinks he is already there. but i hope i am completly wrong and he makes it, i just cant see it happening.

Reply #120468 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon - how do you know what he's thinking? I've seen no press staing "I'm getting picked up 1st round" or anything like that.

In fact, his decision to withdraw last year showed that he was listening to NBA clubs who said he wasn't ready yet. He came back here, added about 8-10 kilos, worked on his outside shot and lowered turnovers.

I'd say he knows he to get better all the time if he's to make it. I think he will go early second round

Reply #120473 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yes his outside shooting has improved form 35% to 41% but with the turnovers he has actually increased from 109 or 3.4 per game to 118 or 3.57 per game. he also has hardly any left hand when driving to the basket and isnt the best finisher.

Reply #120481 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Actually, his turnovers are about the same when you factor in his playing time this season and last.

Reply #120484 | Report this post

DrB  
Years ago

i do not think he will make it, he does not have the consistency in his game yet. Also if he was to become a 'role' player i feel mentally at this stage he would not be able to handle it. I think another year or two, does he have a european passport? maybe good for him to go there for a season.

Reply #120486 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

good signing for the crocs

Reply #120500 | Report this post

Sween  
Years ago

Rillie going for three more gives opportunity for another NBL side to lure LJ to play for them. Then we can test out Sammy Macs theory that LJ would easily out muscle Rillie in the post for a cheap score.

Sammy's way of suggesting Rillie should visit a gym in the off season?

Reply #120575 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:59 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754