howdy
Years ago

Basketball Shoes - Which brand is best?

Can anyone (Isaac?) help me out by letting me know what shoes Maher and Foreman have?

Also which brand is best for basketball?

Topic #1048 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

they have and 1

Reply #11677 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Currently? I don't know. And 1 was the shoe sponsor last season, but this season I think it's Nike. Some players may have individual deals/exclusions allowing them to wear And 1 (Farley probably).

I know that most of Oscar's shoe collection is Nike, And 1, Adidas.

You could try looking in the Sixers photo gallery and trying to identify what they're wearing. ShaqDiddy would probably be able to tell. Where are you little man?

Photos from the Breakers game

Reply #11708 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

maher's are nike's but im not sure waht formans are??

Reply #11732 | Report this post

igotmadskills  
Years ago

From what Ive seen below is what shoes the squad wears.

farley - new style Nike's, he has stuff written near the nike tick but I cant work it out. See if anyone else can. U can see it in one of the photos against NZ
cooper - last years and1's
holmes - Nike
dusty - ugly nike's (im not a fan of this particular model)
Foreman - Nike shox
Maher - old school nike's
Rees - ???
J will - old school nike's ( I wanna be I wanna be like maher)
NG - Plain And1's

Doesnt look like there are any team contracts for shoes here...

Reply #11737 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Just asked. Oscar and Rees wear Nike Shox.

Reply #11741 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

League wide sponsorship of Nike, however as mentioned above players may have individual sponsorships.

Reply #11779 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

On shoes...I just recenetly bought my first ever pair of Nike's (how did I go so long????).....bought a pair of Air Max's for $135 from Nikeworld on Gold Coast.

Will NEVER EVER wear another brand again...most comfortable sneaker I have ever worn.

Reply #11786 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Your first ever pair of Nikes?!?

These were my Tailwinds that survived many countries last year:

Of course, they were already looking pretty terrible in Chile (first stop on the trip!) and the Air didn't last too long on that kind of terrain, but they were very comfortable.

Reply #11792 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Yeah, never really been into brand name stuff till lately....came home with my nikes, a fila messenger bag (for work) and a nike jumper (actually in my size, which was a bonus!!)

As I said before, will never wear anything but Nikes for sneakers, and Rivers shoes for casual wear in the future.

Reply #11794 | Report this post

mr clutch  
Years ago

go the coverse weapons, not the new ones the old school magic ones

Reply #11895 | Report this post

Shaqdiddy  
Years ago

Darren Ng has an individual sponsorhip with And 1, man they make a great shoe (NOT), Maher's wearing Uptempo premium's not that old, Oscar and Reesy's shox are the Elivate. Also alot of players, league wide, are wearing what Heal had on at the Olympics, Air Zoom Drive's, this shoe isn't much heavier that a can of Coke! Nice shoes, Footlocker has most of them.

Reply #12117 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Wow, anyone would think you'd worked at Footlocker and own 50+ pairs of shoes or something!

Reply #12122 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Shaqdiddy you don't like the And1's?

I initially had a lot of problems finding ones that fit (they seem to be a long and narrow shoe) rolled a few ankles in the earlier ones they released (Mad Games were the worst).

Have a nice old pair (now) of And 1 Money's that are serving me well.

Although I may be biasased as I got them pretty damn cheap.

Reply #12137 | Report this post

Another Anonymous  
Years ago

I've seen too many And 1's fall apart at the toe, whether it be from stitching or just wear at the toe, many have formed holes. The only And 1 shoes I did not have a problem with were Silky Smooth highs. Good ankle support with the thick plastic at the back, although the mid of the shoe sole is quite flimsy which can result in more foot movement within the shoe along with more sore feet as the front of the foot is not staying flat with the heel but more flexing up and down with the sole.

I now wear jordans and all I can say is I've had some problems with jordans falling apart (mainly minor things such as clips) footlocker are always great, return them if it's genuine (me being a regular they treat me with respect) and if they can't offer me the same shoe they'll upgrade me to the next best thing. Although there has been problems with jordans, I will always go back to them as I havent had a problem with comfort or and other shoe related problem, such as rolling ankles. The only other thing about jordans is the price, but hey if you can afford it purchase it, you wont look back as the jordans are in a league of their own in comfort and support, its the minor flaws of clips and the price that holds the jordans back.

Reply #12160 | Report this post

Daniel  
Years ago

Would u be able to tell me were the best place to buy AND1s from in South Australia.

Reply #13369 | Report this post

Alf  
Years ago

Not buying them at all would be the best thing to do :P

Reply #13376 | Report this post

Another Anonymous  
Years ago

Haha, that's true Alf. Although if you seriously want a pair of And1's, the best place for you to go is Footlocker in the City. They have one whole shoe stand that is full of And 1's and have the best range I have seen. Other places such as Athelete's Foot, Sports Power etc. also sell And 1's but Footlocker City would have the best range of any and all shoes in Adelaide.

And1's are too much "just for looks" like the And 1 team :P All show. j/k I love watching the And 1 tapes. If you're looking for support, comfort etc. you may want to move away from And 1's and onto say a nike (jordan team or normal nike) or adidas product (my two fav). I've been given word to look out for the Tmac 4's I'll look into that more later could just be someone talking crap.

Reply #13380 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Anyone who buys shoes from a store is a fool. You use the store to try the shoe on, get theright size, then buy on line from footlocker.com or one of the many ebay stores. Even individual sellers have great bargains on ebay. I'm sure many of them have fallen off a truck in the US. You can pick up most for $40-100 plus shipping.

If you spend a little time on ebay, its worth the trouble. Only downfall is the wait. Usually takes 2-4 weeks to arrive.

Reply #13397 | Report this post

Another Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeh, I agree with the footlocker.com comment, i'll agree with a bit of the ebay comment, though you can find a good bargain on ebay, there are many dodgy people out there that sell fakes so I'd stick with the legit places that you know you get the real thing.

Reply #13428 | Report this post

king kong  
Years ago

the shoes off ebay that come from china etc are almost certain to be fakes. they look great but you will know that something is not right as soon as you put them on. don't get burnt like i did!!

Reply #13447 | Report this post

Pure Baller  
Years ago

best shoe for comfort and support is new balance also dont cost as much as and 1 /jordans

Reply #13461 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

True, have to be careful on ebay, but the on-line stores are all credible. They are just like real shoe stores, but.... on line... yeah..

Reply #13467 | Report this post

Another Anonymous  
Years ago

That's why I said footlocker.com is good, tho when I need shoes I usually get the straight away, I dont like the 3-4 weeks wait. Also I've been stuffed around before by footlocker.com and eastbay.com so I just go to a shop near me and purchase.

New Balance: Yeah, if you're a chick. Even the girls are starting to move away from newbalance and towards the and1's and adidas.

Sorry but I hate new balance with a passion, they don't make a good basketball shoe, they're more focused on running/atheletics which is basically straight line running. Basketball is a more cutting hard changing direction hard/quick sport so there is more focus on the ankle support with basketball shoes, whereas atheletics shoes you see such as new balance are usually all low cut, they focus more on the foot movement inside the shoe and on the ball of your foot to give you more balance and push when running to feel almost natural like you have no shoes on.

If you look at a basketball shoe, you will see the main focus of support goes to the ankle, then the heel then the front foot. Basically leaving low cut basketball shoes out of it as they are more just for style (altho the jordan 17 and 18 lows I've been told provide just as much support at the ankle as mids) basketball shoes are protective of the main focus areas of a foot. The newest jordans (18 and 19's) provide a carbon fibre "shank" on the heel to the midfoot of the innersole. This provides support so that the foot does not twist (the carbon fibre is unrecognisable with the foot in the shoe). Jordans also provide a dual layer of zoom air in the heel, along with a single layer of zoom air in the front foot of the shoe. Yes they are pricy, but like said, you get what you pay for (although jordans you pay a little extra ;) :P

Reply #13481 | Report this post

Mr Doobee  
Years ago

I was a huge AND 1 fan when they were first released at Footlocker about 3 years ago, but lately, I think AND 1's kinda gone down hill! The early models such as the Tai-Chi's, Night-Mare & Mad-Games were simply awesome! Extremely Light & Comfort. Now, they all seem to look like space boots, heavy & all plastic & not to mention uncomfortable.

My last 3 pairs of boots have being the Jordan 3's, 4's & 7's & they were all purchased off ebay. I do agree that there are many dodgy dealers lurking around on ebay especially those from China!

I guess the trick is to research the seller's feedback history & ask them for the model numbers & release dates of the shoes attached inside the shoe & compare that to footlocker etc. Fake one's will generally have different serial numbers & release dates.

Cheers

Reply #14563 | Report this post

#N  
Years ago

I have a pair of Nike Shox.
I ran my first 10k in a pair and my feet (arches) have been sore for a week. Almost unable to walk for a couple of days!

I would have to agree with Anonymous, who wrote "although the mid of the shoe sole is quite flimsy which can result in more foot movement within the shoe along with more sore feet as the front of the foot is not staying flat with the heel but more flexing up and down with the sole."

Sounds exactly like the Shox I have.. Avoid for running!!

#N

Reply #34041 | Report this post

mick  
Years ago

does anyone know where i can get some Tmac 4's in australia without odering them over the internet?

Reply #35526 | Report this post

Kurtis  
Years ago

I'd also like to know if any1 knew where to purchase T-MAC 4's in Aus.

Reply #35549 | Report this post

mick  
Years ago

this might be a stupid question but i'll ask anyway. is there anywhere in australia where they have pick-up games or something like that?

Reply #35654 | Report this post

mick  
Years ago

hey kurtis i got our answer. according to footlocker theres only 2 pairs in the country and they're both in sydney

Reply #35713 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Only 2 pairs of Tmac 4's... that's interesting and very stupid. My mate has a pair that he bought here in Adelaide and I've seen them at footlocker marion before so I dont know what "tmac 4" they were referring to. Unless there's only 2 pairs left which just seems stupid.

They're not as exciting as they seem. The whole "NO LACES" thing is stupid with the little windy thing at the back wasting more time than it takes to usually tie up your shoelaces. And I feel they're too bulky at the heel.

Reply #35730 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i hear the andrew gaze shoes are good ;)

Reply #35764 | Report this post

mick  
Years ago

yeah thats what i meant. theres only two pairsleft and they don't plan on odering anymore

Reply #35795 | Report this post

Years ago

i currently am playing with jordan 19s and they are the most confortable, light and supportive i have ever worn. they arent the greatest looking shoe but no other current show rivals them.

And 1s are cheap and nasty, nuff said.

Nike caused me many injurries due to the problematic shock cells, i tend to stear away from them now.

Reply #35845 | Report this post

nope  
Years ago

tmac 4s are on sale at most footlockers but they are soo heavy :S

Reply #35846 | Report this post

Mr T  
Years ago

Yer, Jordan 19's are great, they're light, supportive of the ankle and so comfy. The next most comfortable shoe I've worn was the Jordan 18 as they use almost the same materials as the 19s.

As far as comfort the Tmac 3's were good as there was a lot of padding and support. One trouble with Tmac's is that they're very heavy, this is both the tmac 3's and tmac 4's. The Tmac 3's seemed to make my feet hurt during and after a game of basketball.

One of my most loved shoes though was the Kobe. They were damn comfy and fit my foot so 'snug'. Many people hated them as they "look like a tissue box" yet for my feet they were almost perfect.

Reply #35847 | Report this post

1. jordan 5's and 7's
2. nike air flights (the first ones pippen use to wear them very light shoes)
3. converse magic's (first low cut b/ball shoe)
4. reebok pumps (they did make you jump a little bit higher)

Reply #35859 | Report this post

mick  
Years ago

why does everyone hate AND 1's so much? are they really that bad? i've never had a pair so i wouldn't know

Reply #35908 | Report this post

south champ  
Years ago

AND1s look good i reckon but they fall apart too quickley.

Reply #35918 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

our children wear and1 to school every day, bitumen courts, mud, sand, the works; they wear different ones for training, and others again for games. All of these shoes take a pounding, I believe you are all entitled to your opinion, but that's all it is, the fact is and1 are just as good as any, if not better. Our podiatrist recommended these shoes for various foot ailments, and no he was not paid to do so, and close - we have never had any problem with the shoes falling apart, footlocker has a policy of exchange on all faulty shoes, not just nike, but it is interesting to note you have experienced faulty nikes after running down another brand!

Reply #44284 | Report this post

NICK  
Years ago

NIKE hauraches are the best shoe around....especially in all white

After them any jordan shoe is very good....

Never get and1's..... they are to"look at me' and wear out quickly

ANY WAY ITS NOT ABOUT THE SHOES YOU WEAR, ITS ABOUT HOW YOU PLAY !!

Reply #44841 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

im a guard and need a fairly light shoe that is comfy and has good grip. do u think the tmac 3s r a good choice?

Reply #48886 | Report this post

Mr T  
Years ago

No, the Tmac 3's would be too heavy. Jordan's may not be grippy enough if you're a quick turning and running guard. If I were you I'd look at the Hurauche 2k5's, they're light and have good protection and I'm told the grip is good.

Reply #48887 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

does anyone know how much AND1 shoes range for in australia??

Reply #57053 | Report this post

jaykhu  
Years ago

Currently, the best Point Guard shoe is the air zoom drive in my opinion, but now i think they're a little hard to find.
Buying shoes is different for everyone and each model is different. Depending on you're foot type, any shoe can be the best one, not just limited to one brand.

I think a great place to read about is

www.solecollector.com

www.kicksology.net

have fun!

Reply #64937 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

Nike Huarache 2k4
Nice Shox VC3
T-MAC 2

Reply #68334 | Report this post

ebro  
Years ago

guys....im looking for tmac2 shoes..please help me out..i love this kicks... cant find them anymore..anyone out there, pls let me know, email me [email protected]

Reply #180566 | Report this post

johnny  
Years ago

do u sell timberlands

Reply #183460 | Report this post

Daniel  
Years ago

I think there are preety many good shoes out there. If you want to have a pair of good basketball shoes, you could choose the Nike Air Pro Visi III which was sold at a cheap price ( $50 - $65 ). It is lightweight, durable and cheap (eventhough it doesn't have the mesh technology). Also, another good choice are Nike HyperAggressor. They may not look like it but they are very lightweight and durable. It ranger from $90-$120. Cheers!

Reply #391343 | Report this post

Arnold Blake  
Years ago

I heard that he had Nikes.I was with Nike for 7 years, but when my two original hyperdunks https://bestoutdooritems.com/best-basketball-shoes-for-ankle-support/ finally fell apart I decided and switched to New Balance. Initially, there were shin splints, but now that they're awesome shoes.

Reply #682859 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:54 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754