DA VOICE
Years ago

Dandenong Rangers and Fox part company

Interesting statement from the WNBL website. Seems Gary is not too popular at Dandenong. One can only speculate as to the reasons, when the players and supporters seemed quite happy with Gary at the last two games they played at the Dome.

The Dandenong Basketball Association's (DBA) contract with Gary Fox expired at the end of the 2006/07 season.

The DBA advises that Gary Fox will not be reappointed as Head Coach of the Rangers for the 2007/08 season.

Gary Fox respects the right of the DBA to appoint a head coach of its choice.

Gary Fox remains an assistant coach of the Australian Opals basketball team and coach of the Australian Sapphires U21 team.

Due to this decision, the Dandenong Jayco Rangers have extended the closing date of the advertised Head Coaching position until Friday 23rd February.

No other statements or comments beyond this communication by either party will be occurring regarding this matter.

Dandenong Rangers.

Topic #10480 | Report this topic

Bulldog  
Years ago

Wow, two national assistant coaches dumped in one season, that's unheard of.
I am sure with his track record he will pick up a gig somewhere for next season.
Really, I thought the Rangers overachieved this season after losing Jess Bibby and Carly Wilson to Canberra and Perth respectively.
I never expected them to make finals, would have thought Bulleen would have made the four instead.

Reply #120574 | Report this post

Years ago

maybe they'll throw in a gold coast team next season aswell he could go up and coach that one

Reply #120586 | Report this post

Sween  
Years ago

Fox too good for the GC IMO. GC weather too good for him. Fox with a tan and bling - ugly?

Seriously has the skills to run the whole show - Look out Scott.

Reply #120602 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe Smyth could apply for the job at Dandenong!!!

Reply #120608 | Report this post

Haley  
Years ago

I think that Gary Fox is one of the most brilliant coaches in Australia. Dandenong are extremely foolish for letting him go. Not only is he a great coach, but a wonderful person as well. Good luck this season Dandenong as you are sure as hell going to need it!

Reply #128050 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gary Fox is a excellent basketballer and a teacher,He is teaching me and he's a smart teacher. He also talks about basketball and by the way we love him. I wish that he could remain the coach.

Reply #321722 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:30 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754