Orlando Smith
Years ago

Women D2 - Non-district teams out of their league?

Just looking at the results of the Women's Division 2 and there are some huge winning margins and for 3 weeks now 3 teams have been thumped (one exception of when they played each other)

UniSA Lost to Forestville by 72
UniSA Lost to Woodville by 67
UniSA Lost to Southern by 94

Flinders Uni lost to South by 49
Flinders vs. North (no score yet)

Western Magic lost to Flinders by 3
Western Magic lost to Forestville by 30
Western Magic lost to Woodville by 43

These 3 teams make up numbers but is there any other advantage to having them get hammered every tuesday?

Topic #10481 | Report this topic

Big Kahuna  
Years ago

I think you'll find at the moment the district clubs are play all or some of there ABA players in div 2 because the ABA season starts in about three weeks. Once the ABA season starts these other teams will become more competitive. With the district clubs div 2 teams. I would think.

Reply #120610 | Report this post

PS  
Years ago

I saw the game last night and Magic were with Woodville upto half time. Fitness and its associated errors severely impacted the final scoreline

Reply #120617 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The district clubs are all playing their ABL sides as an extra training session prior to the Blitz and the ABL season starting.

Might be worth starting this string again after ABL has started to see if there really is such a big gap between the teams or not. I think you will find that there isn't.

From memory Flinders played silly season finals and only just missed main season finals last year too.

Time will tell....

Reply #120631 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How do the non district clubs' fees compare with the district clubs? Maybe its better value for money.

Reply #120649 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Some district clubs don't charge fees for Div 1 and Div 2 senior players. If you club does then bad luck I guess.

Reply #120651 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Non district clubs fees are much much lower than district clubs. Pretty much down to the fact that they often dont have to hire training venues or support an ABL side (& all the costs associated with it.)and as such the fees only go towards that player and their team and not subsidising others.

Reply #120705 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

As a Uni SA men's district player I can tell you that our fees were a lot cheaper than other district clubs but that is about to change due to the fact voluntary unionism at SA unis means that we no longer get any financial support from the Uni.

Reply #120763 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:26 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754