AK-47
Years ago

Why Does Nobody Rate the Jazz?

The Utah Jazz are top of the North West. Top 5 overall and Top 5 in the West. Please tell my why no one rates them. Everyone talks about Phoenix, Dallas, San Antonio and Detroit but what about Utah?They have beaten San Antonio, Detroit, Phoenix and Dallas but yet it counts for nothing to the media. Why arent they getting the recognition they deserve?

Topic #10486 | Report this topic

olskoolgamer  
Years ago

Because teams like Dallas, Phoenix, Detroit and Spurs have proven themselves in the playoffs. They may not have all won a title, but they at least went deep.

They are a young, unproven team. Williams looks like he has everything it takes to be a great player in the NBA, but who knows how he will react to the pressure of the finals. Also Boozer and Kirilenko are injury prone.

Half of it also is bandwagon jumping. You will find that no-one really gave Detroit any respect until they actually got that ring. Then every Tom Dick and Harry backed them to repeat. If Utah at least get to the conference finals, then they will get some respect, and more people will jump on the bandwagon.

Reply #120665 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

Agreed. Yes they are unproven but you could atleast give them an outside chance something that no ones given them.

Reply #120667 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

According to NBA Power Rankings the Jazz are 2nd in the league!

Reply #120673 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

West is too tough this season, doubt Utah will make a solid run, but give them major credit for finally giving there crowd some belief post Sockton/Malone era. If there will be any upsets first round, it will be them that go out.

Reply #120674 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

I know many will disagree but for a first round upset im tipping San Antonio.

Reply #120676 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Yeah can see that happening too. Have been underachieving all season, and dont see where there spark will come from.

Reply #120683 | Report this post

olskoolgamer  
Years ago

Nah, I reckon they will fire up for the finals. Manu has been playing poor, but will pick up. Duncan has been playing less minutes to rest his foot so he is good for the playoffs. I think they will fire up. Maybe an upset in the old days when the first round was best of 3, not now its best of 7. I can't see any lower ranked team rolling San Antone in a 7 game series.

I think the Jazz could be good for a while now, everyone is young and most of their players are unselfish, a good mix. I feel they just need that last peice, like another hard-nosed forward that gets 15 rebounds and 15 points a game.

Reply #120726 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

Manu's "picking up" process has been initiated: he scored 24 consecutive points for the Spurs against the Hawks today.

Tempering my enthusiasm for his performance is the fact he is playing against a team which has players with the first names of Royal, Zaza and Speedy.

Zaza (Pachulia) is actually having a good game, with 21 points and 8 boards. Not bad for someone I'd never heard of, and who must exist solely for the purpose of marrying Zsa-Zsa Gabor so their celebrity couple nickname would be Zazazsazsa or similar.

Reply #120759 | Report this post

Spurs #21  
Years ago

Spurs always wait until after the All Star break to start the run.

Popovich has a relaxed attitude until Feb - March and then the lads put the hammer down.

They will be in the last four and seek redemption after the crap Dallas came up with last year.

Reply #120776 | Report this post

Disco  
Years ago

Don't be knocking those Spurs they love to win the Championship every 2 years. They just don't know how to repeat. As long as San Antonio has Duncan they will be perennial Championship contenders. If Duncan had more minutes spurs would have a record near what dallas has, as Nowitski is on the floor alot more.

Reply #120987 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

Olskoolgamer, The Jazz could also do with a good shooting guard. A 15 and 5 assists player with good Def would help.

Reply #121103 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:20 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754