Rate country regions / associations

the recent post about the riverland has stimulated me to start a thread on rating country associations -

consider - players, stadium, past and present metro achievers and the population - ie Mt Gambier v Peterborough - can't really be compared - but judge the quality v population.

my current thoughts are -

(DO NOT INCLUDE EASTERN HILLS)

juniors -

mildura (they visit here for country carnival)

yorke valley

barossa

pirie

pt augga

etc...

Topic #1049 | Report this topic

Moochie Norris  
Years ago

As we're including "Mildura-types"....

Broken Hill are pretty good. Even represented "S.A." at U14 Nationals a few (maybe 4?) years ago.

Reply #11710 | Report this post

yes - sorry - broken hill has had some reasonable outfits - they would be in there as well.

I hear Pt Lincoln is on the up also

Reply #11780 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Port Augusta's pretty strong. They have produced some quality players over the years and if ya wanna check a few of them out, some of them play together on a Thursday night at Pasadena. Ray Wickstein, Andrew Zajer, Jason Stephenson, Jonas Varcoe, Michael Boots and Stan Butler just to name a few. These guys don't lose out there too often.

Reply #11824 | Report this post

3 pointer  
Years ago

That's a valid comparison Mt.Gambier V Peterborough, I maybe a little biased but long ago the ball being played in Peterborough was a high standard for the little population they had.
Having played in grand finals there, in front of up to about 500 people, it showed how much they really followed their game.

Moses, good point about Port Augusta, having played with all those players you mentioned, it looks a very stong side. A few of them would be getting a bit long in the tooth, all but 1 played in their SACIBL side in the early 90's

Reply #11969 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:13 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754