Isaac
Years ago

Mark Nash signs with Hobart for SEABL season

The Hobart Chargers have signed Mark Nash for the coming SEABL season.

Nash is returning to his former team to give the side a little more strength under the basket.

He last played there in 2005 coming back from injury, suited for 16 games, and was named to the SEABL All-Star Five after averaging 21 PPG, 14 RPG and 3 APG.

The Chargers also boast Anthony Stewart from the Cairns Taipans, Daniel George and Ray Browning.

Topic #10495 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

It will be interesting to see how he goes. He posted great numbers there last time. Sometimes it's amazing what a comfortable environment can do for your confidence. I think he still has something to offer at NBL level - he just needs some confidence (which isn't something you can just go out and buy or find!)

Reply #120746 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

He averaged 21 ppg!!!!
So that's where he left his jumpshot..and his foul shot, and his 3pt shot....

Reply #120755 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

Playing in Tassie that's only 10.5ppg per head though ;)

Reply #120757 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

eagerly awaiting the response of suid :)

Reply #120850 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Following on from MW's obvious joke I saw a documentary on these girls the day, pretty interesting stuff.

Reply #120862 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

And yes Thomo I have seen this most crucial post. Have just arranged flights and accommodation so I can commute to Tassie each week to see this icon in action once more. What a bonus to be able to see him in the off season as well. The only plus out of it the way I see it is that there is every chance he will end up injured and not be able to front next year for Adelaide.

Reply #120872 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Ok, I know Nash has had a horrible (nay atrocious) season (for example, shooting at 20% from three point line, and unbelievably, 30% from free throw line) and agree he is past it.

But he does deserve some respect for the many years put in for the Sixers, including being an instrumental starter in our 2002 championship.

Also in 2001, he was our fourth highest scorer, and shot at over 50%.

He obviously has (had) ability, but the injuries and confidence has really got him down.

I just hope that he and Phil have a good long chat about where he needs to be at to get on court next year.

Reply #120890 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lets hope he doesn't recapture form against the Pioneers on March 2nd!

Reply #120960 | Report this post

Sween  
Years ago

He should go to Tas with some specific coaching directions and targets eg ppg and shooting percentages, take jumper or find an old coat. Stewie will jack up plenty, so Nash will probably get most of his points on the putback. Expect to play 40 + mins per game.

Reply #120965 | Report this post

stiffffy  
Years ago

HE AVERAGED 20%????

Im no genious at maths but i'm pretty sure his away game average must've been about that cause he wasn't getting anywhere near 20% for every game i attended at home!

Reply #120992 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

I will have great respect for Nash if he was prepared to retire forthwith!

Reply #121041 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

:) had a good chuckle at your first post squid, sadly i couldnt agree more with it,

nash great guy but no longer nbl player ? maybe his last year would be better suited in another role with the club, actually couldnt think of a nicer guy to run kids clinics at schools etc... transfer his wage to a non cap job

Reply #121080 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:11 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754