Isaac
Years ago

ABL Blitz at Starplex, March 3-4

22/2/2007
2007 Basketball Blitz
Building on the success of last year's Blitz and as a curtain raiser to the forthcoming 2007 Central ABL season, the top men's and women's teams in SA will again compete in the preseason tournament.

The 2007 Basketball Blitz will be held in Gawler at STARplex over the weekend of the 3rd and 4th March 2007.

Tip off will commence at 9.00 am on both days with finals on Sunday commencing at 3.00 pm and the Grand Final at 5.00 pm.

The Blitz draw can be found on the Sporting Pulse web site at: http://www.centralabl.com.au

The Blitz offers a fast paced style of basketball with all games having 8 minute fully timed quarters.

Competing teams will be able to try out new offensive and defensive plays, integrate new players, check out the competition and develop their game strategies.

Off the court the Blitz provides a unique opportunity for senior SA players and coaches to meet, renew friendships and enjoy watching other games.

Umpires and officials benefit from the game time in preparing for the upcoming season.

The tournament will showcase the elite men's and women's teams from South Australian clubs competing in the 2007 Central ABL. A total of 12 teams and 180 players and support staff will participate over the 2 days at STARplex.

Grahame Mansfield, Chairman of the organising committee says "The Blitz is a great spectator event. Where else can you see the top district basketball teams in South Australia competing at the one venue over 2 days?"

Spectator Entry is $10.00 and children in basketball club uniform can enter free. A BBQ and Bar will operate throughout the tournament.

The objective of the Blitz is to launch the 2007 season and provide teams with a lead in to the main season which commences on March 17th. The tournament is being hosted by three district basketball clubs - Central Districts, North Adelaide and Woodville.

Topic #10507 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just looking at the Blitz draw - there are 6 teams in each men's/women's but only 4 games meaning its not a round robin comp. Not sure if there was any reason for this, but to me it would make sense to play everyone once. That way the team finishing top wins and the team finishing bottom finishes last... etc.

Reply #120937 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is that really the url to the central abl if so, i hope they improve the site soon!

Reply #120941 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Spectator Entry $10....you gotta be shittin' me.

Reply #120945 | Report this post

PS  
Years ago

Well the link doesn't work and hasn't for days!!! Someone needs to pull their finger out

Reply #120947 | Report this post

Tiger  
Years ago

I thought the same thing $10 entry is a bit rich for this type of event.

I would have thought $5 for adults and $2 for children would be the way to go.

Reply #120968 | Report this post

jjj  
Years ago

how can play up there when theres no centrals girls team in the comp ha.
Its on the same time as the Adelaide 500 good timing mmmm

Reply #121025 | Report this post

dog  
Years ago

not real smart iam to 500 and give a blitz a miss

Reply #121026 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:49 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754