Topic #10510 | Report this topic

Mahatma Cote  
Years ago

Hopefully Shane Watson goes down too.

He sucks

Reply #120969 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Lee will be missed, and anyone who says they wouldn't want him in that side is probably wrong, but this gives Tait the opportunity to step up, and hopefully after getting some games under his belt, play a big role in the finals. I think Australia will miss Brett Lee's bottom order batting a lot too.

But Stuart Clark should have always been in that squad, and he never misses an opportunity. He'll be our best bowler in the cup IMO.

Really need Symonds though....

Reply #120970 | Report this post

Rotate on this  
Years ago

Agree with the Watson sentiment . Vastly overrated , underperforming , oft injured player who has not lived up to the hype in the international arena .
Agree LS that Clark will seize this oppurtunity and perform admirably .

Reply #120972 | Report this post

Danger Mouse  
Years ago

Interesting Clarks stats for his recent one-dayers arent very flattering, would love to see Tait play and do well, but with his raw pace he seems very hit and miss, so it would be a risky selection. sure he could take a few wickets, but he could just as easily go for 70 odd.

i agree, watson isn't up to scratch, both bowling & batting arent up to the necessary levels

Reply #120973 | Report this post

Neptuneboy  
Years ago

Does that mean he'll be concentrating on his music career?

Reply #120975 | Report this post

Neptuneboy  
Years ago

Does that mean he'll be concentrating on his music career?

Reply #120976 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

What the hell is wrong with his batting??
The guy averages about 40 opening, when he gets a decent hit. It's a bit hard to make runs down the order in 10 overs...

Reply #120984 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

D85 - Hussey has never had a problem with it...

Reply #120991 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

That's why it's harder, Huss comes in and performs then Watson comes in with even less time.
He performs when he is up the order.
He also bowled more overs than anyone else apart from Bracken in NZ, and he was the highest wicket taker..I think there are more problems than Watson!!
Jeez the guy is an allrounder coming back from a season of injury, give him a break.
McGrath, Hogg and White couldn't take 1 wicket between them in NZ.

Reply #120993 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

I agree DB5. Watson has been a awesome opening with Gilchrist. He'll bat down the order though with Haydon back in form. I think his batting is rock solid. Unbelievable stat that MCGrath, Hogg and White didn't get a wicket in NZ!

As for his bowling, not great at the moment, but come finals time I think he'll be hitting the mark. Watch for him to be a big part of the WC.

Reply #120994 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Personally I think drop Gilly down to 4. He is averaging about 25 this season in one dayers, at 4 he would be an awesome weapon to use during the power plays. Open with Haydos and Watson, Ponting at 3 then Gilly.
Can still play a spinner, and 3 or 4 pacemen.

Reply #120997 | Report this post

Mahatma Cote  
Years ago

No responses yet but
the world awaits for a response to the signal............

S.O.S.
Warne

S.O.S.
Warne

S.O.S.
Warne

S.O.S.
Warne

S.O.S.
Warne

Reply #121011 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

I like that DB5, it could work.

Reply #121013 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Watson can hold his own with the bat, but will probably never be a world-class bowler. I think we need to accept the fact that he is a capable all-round role player, who and that he is no Flintoff, and unlike Flintoff, Watson will never in the future elicit any Botham/Imran/Miller comparisons.

But given Roy's injury, Watson is surely the best all-round alternative in the country at the moment in one-dayers. What has Cam White done since becoming a one-day regular beside hitting a few sixes and taking about a wicket every 5 games?

Reply #121015 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

He may not bowl like them, but he is a classier batsman.

Reply #121017 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

watson gets a decent hit 38 of two overs , hang on that was his bowling

Reply #121046 | Report this post

Skudpud  
Years ago

Tait and Clarke get up and both perform, would this screw Lee's chances of getting back into the team???
Taits faster, his only problems is that he can go for alot of runs, but Lee is bad with this aswell.
Clarke should be Mcgrath's replacment just needs to adjust to the international one day game.

Watson sucks! But go Hayden for scoring 181 with a fractured toe

Reply #121078 | Report this post

erin  
Years ago

brett lee does not suck you do >:(

Reply #259165 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:15 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754