hustle
Years ago

Best NBA Power Forward

Ok so I am clearly bored at work today. I got to thinking as I do, and thought if you had to choose one PF, who would it be? Anyone currently playing in the NBA.

I chose PF because I think a good PF can carry a team, generally get Double-Doubles, play lotsa minutes, tough in the clutch and make high FG% and hence, may be the most important player on a team.

Hoopsters, give me your best PF and what you think is the most important position on the floor.

I would have to go with Garnett right now. Can play 3,4,5 has inside-outside moves, gets you 20-10-5 every game and will not stop until the buzzer sounds.

Topic #10524 | Report this topic

Mott the Hoople  
Years ago

Malone would have to be up there.

Reply #121224 | Report this post

6er turned DRAGON  
Years ago

imagine garnett in the NBL....

he'd average 45, 20 and 10

Reply #121226 | Report this post

hustle  
Years ago

Mott, All time Malone would def be up there, but im asking about the currently active players, who do you think?

Reply #121228 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is that guy Charles, umm wats his name?...is it Bakery?....no, no...oh thats right... Barkley!..yeah thats it, Barkley... is he still playing? He is my choice!

Reply #121230 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Surely mr emotion Timmy Duncan would be one of the 'still playing'

Reply #121232 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Chris Bosh, a young guy with a huge future .. maybe not up there yet, but in a couple of years, he will be the best power forward in the league.

Reply #121235 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Dirk Nowitski for me

Then KG

The Timmy Duncan

Reply #121244 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

Malone for me and current would be between nowitzki, duncan, boozer, bosh and garnett.

Reply #121264 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Definately dirk nowitzki. He has been going off lately as well. Check out his statline today, 31 pts 11 rebs 8 assists.

Reply #121266 | Report this post

KG
Dirk
Duncan
And then mr under-rated himself, Elton Brand

Reply #121282 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

tim duncan all the way

Reply #121300 | Report this post

jimmy de bas  
Years ago

Dirk

Reply #121327 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

Chris Web......... never mind.

Reply #121930 | Report this post

Mohammed  
Years ago

easily the best PF ever is MATT BONNER on the Spurs.

He's hall of fame material

Reply #127840 | Report this post

isaiah  
Years ago

At this point, I consider Carlos Boozer the best PF in the league. Why? He is leading the Jazz past the surprising GS Warriors in the second round of the playoffs. He averaged 11.7 rpg in the 06-07 regular season and is averaging 12.2 rpg so far in the playoffs and also 24.3 points per game on 50.6% shooting. Throw in 3.3 assists per - in the playoffs, and his only real weakness is blocks per game (0.2 a game). PS I am trying to be unbiased, as I am not particularly a UTAH or Boozer fan

Reply #133523 | Report this post

michael evans  
Years ago

Charles Barkley gets my vote. Check the stats and playoff performances. Classic overachiever!

Reply #134435 | Report this post

b-ray  
Years ago

Timmy Duncan is clearly the best now. He is far better than Dirk or Garnett. Duncan is a far more dominant force than Dirk or Garnett. He has beaten the famous kobe/shaq lakers. He beat the fast pase suns. He is the only one of the three to win a championship. Garnett nor Dirk are not capable of stoping Duncan in the paint.

Reply #187629 | Report this post

Sir Charles  
Years ago

Charles Barkley by Far+

Season:

Total FG%: 54.1%
2-Point FG%: 58.12% (2-Point FGA PG 12-13.9)
PPG: 22.1
FGA: 14.5
RPG: 11.7
APG: 3.9
SPG: 1.54
BPG: 0.83

Play-Offs

Total FG%: 51.3%
2-Point FG%: 55.13%
PPG: 23.0
RPG: 12.9
SPG: 1.57
BPG: 0.88

No Stockton, No Faced Pace League for 8 Years, No Ginoboili, No Robinson and No Great Squad between 1986 to 1992 when he was healthy.

Larry Bird (Probably Greatest SF) said on

Dream Team 1992 vs Redeem Team 2008

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/dan...ws/index5.html

Larry Bird: "Michael Played the Most Minutes, Charles was Our Best Player..."

Dan Parick: "Who Got the Last Shot? If it Ever Came To That, Who Was Taking it?

Larry Bird: " If it was Me (Larry Bird) I`d Give The Ball to Charles Barkley in the POST, Cause ...They Had No Body At That Time IN THE WORLD that Could Stop Him Down There..."

Dan Patrick: "What if it Was...Ok If Barkley is in the Floor.. with Jordan, Magic and You?"

Larry Bird: "Yes..."

Dan Patrick: "Who is Taking It?"

Larry Bird: "I Would I Give to Charles in the POST..."

Dan Patrick: (Idiot Interrupts! trying to Underrate What Was Well Known ***"And Many Hide***"...The fact that Before Barkley got injured in 94! = Charles Barkley 1985-1995 Best PF in the League!):

"No!...You Would Pass It?"

Larry Bird: "Yes....The Way He Was Dominating Over There...I Think That If You Really Pulled All The Players..Probably 90% of them Would Say Yes.. Charles Get`s the Ball..."

Dan Patrick: "Mmmm 92 or this Years Team Straight Up, Who Wins?"

Larry Bird: "Bla Bla Bla"

Dan Patick: "If I Pick the 2008 Team Would i Be Wrong?"

Larry Bird: "I Just Don`t Know If they Have Anybody that could stop CHARLES BARKLEY..in that type of game

Reply #205564 | Report this post

Sir Charles  
Years ago

Charles Barkley by Far+

Season:

Total FG%: 54.1%
2-Point FG%: 58.12% (2-Point FGA PG 12-13.9)
PPG: 22.1
FGA: 14.5
RPG: 11.7
APG: 3.9
SPG: 1.54
BPG: 0.83

Play-Offs

Total FG%: 51.3%
2-Point FG%: 55.13%
PPG: 23.0
RPG: 12.9
APG: 3.93
SPG: 1.57
BPG: 0.88

No Stockton, No Faced Pace League for 8 Years, No Ginobili, No Robinson and No Great Squad between 1986 to 1992 when he was healthy and Prime:

Larry Bird (Probably Greatest SF) said on

Dream Team 1992 vs Redeem Team 2008

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/dan...ws/index5.html

Larry Bird: "Michael Played the Most Minutes, Charles was Our Best Player..."

Dan Parick: "Who Got the Last Shot? If it Ever Came To That, Who Was Taking it?

Larry Bird: " If it was Me (Larry Bird) I`d Give The Ball to Charles Barkley in the POST, Cause ...They Had No Body At That Time IN THE WORLD that Could Stop Him Down There..."

Dan Patrick: "What if it Was...Ok If Barkley is in the Floor.. with Jordan, Magic and You?"

Larry Bird: "Yes..."

Dan Patrick: "Who is Taking It?"

Larry Bird: "I Would I Give to Charles in the POST..."

Dan Patrick: (Idiot Interrupts! trying to Underrate What Was Well Known ***"And Many Hide***"...The fact that Before Barkley got injured in 94! = Charles Barkley 1985-1995 Best PF in the League!):

"No!...You Would Pass It?"

Larry Bird: "Yes....The Way He Was Dominating Over There...I Think That If You Really Pulled All The Players..Probably 90% of them Would Say Yes.. Charles Get`s the Ball..."

Dan Patrick: "Mmmm 92 or this Years Team Straight Up, Who Wins?"

Larry Bird: "Bla Bla Bla"

Dan Patick: "If I Pick the 2008 Team Would i Be Wrong?"

Larry Bird: "I Just Don`t Know If they Have Anybody that could stop CHARLES BARKLEY..in that type of game

Reply #205565 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:39 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754