Bo Hamburger
Years ago

Gilbert Arenas updates blog

I can't believe it: I went to the New York Times to see if Gilbert updating his blog was their lead story, and it wasn't. They obviously wouldn't know an important story if it bit 'em in the ass.

*pause*

Anyhoo, Gilbert's updated his blog. For recent Gilbert converts like me (and, I suspect, more than a few others on here) it's required reading.

Where else do you get to read about Gilbert having to shower after a game in Minnesota using 12 bottles of Evian water?

Topic #10550 | Report this topic

SVD  
Years ago

He is mental. Doesn't take it all too seriously - good to see

Reply #121649 | Report this post

Glen  
Years ago

I like Gilbert as much as the next guy, but the blog might be a work of fiction:
Source

Reply #121650 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

Hmm. That's kind of disappointing if it's true. The Wall Street Journal article referred to in the link doesn't attribute the ghost-written statement (that the blog is actually transcribed by an NBA.com staffer from talking to Gilbert over the phone) to anyone - it just purports it to be fact.

I will try and comfort myself by saying that a) they're still Gilbert's thoughts, irrespective of who writes them down and b) this is still the guy who had that monster birthday party late last year, and the guy who high-altituded his home, and who did a mini-tramp dunk during the All-Star Game, and who...

Reply #121656 | Report this post

Vincent Vega  
Years ago

is referenced in this wikipedia page about a traditional Japanese heating device.

Reply #121772 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

Another update, possibly the longest blog entry ever written by anyone anywhere (and not overly interesting, it has to be said): link.

Right at the end he does say that his next entry will be his top 10 pranks, which promises to be livelier reading.

He's still bringing the creative goods on the court, which is good to see. Yesterday's effort involved hitting the gamewinner against Seattle, then taking his singlet off and laying it on the free throw line:

And as he jogged off the court, Arenas dropped his jersey at the free throw line, hoping a mob of fans would rush the floor trying to snatch the blue uniform.

"Maybe it would be better to do that at home," Arenas said.

Reply #125651 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:02 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754