Picture and video

Topic #10558 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

That does not look good. Awful.

Reply #121815 | Report this post

JohnnySack  
Years ago

He has to be shaping up as a wasted talent... Much like Pervis Ellison, and Sam Bowie (two other talented guys who were tarred unfairly with the bust brush due to flimsy bodies...)...
I hope i`m wrong...

Reply #121818 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

It is one of those ones that people just don't get back from - hope not but looks pretty bad. Read on yahoo that he has done all kinds of damage.

Shame coz from what I heard he could have been pretty decent.

Let's hope he doesn't go the Penny Hardaway road.

Could be a blessing in disguise for the Clips though, Cassell will probably be happier.

Reply #121820 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

On the Clippers website today

Under the supervision of team physician Dr. Tony Daly, Clippers guard Shaun Livingston underwent a Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) exam on Tuesday morning at Centinela Freeman Regional Medical Center in Inglewood.
The MRI revealed that Livingston suffered tears to the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL), posterior cruciate ligament (PCL), medial collateral ligament (MCL) and lateral meniscus. Livingston also suffered a patella dislocation, in addition to the previously diagnosed tibia/femoral dislocation.

They reckon he will be back to basketball activity in 8-12 months

Im thinking no chance in hell

If it took me 12 months to come back from a ruptured achilles, there is no way he will be back in 8-12 with every ligament in his knee blown out

Reply #121841 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Sam Bowie, the guy chosen before Jordon..... He was always doomed.

Reply #121850 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Lucky his leg is still attached by the sounds of it Fez!

Can't really compare a knee injury to an achilles. You can recover from an ACL (alone) in 5 - 7 months (I did it in seven without any sort of elite recovery regime). But with all the other problems, this sounds just a tad more severe.

Reply #121866 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

He should of done what Darryn Cresswell of the Sydney Swans did a few years ago, just smash it back in and continue to play...

Reply #121875 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Fez, when I saw that video it looked WAYYYYYY worse than a dislocation. That's the worst knee injury I've seen ever. The guy's knee is about 45 degree the wrong way!

Reply #121889 | Report this post

ITA  
Years ago

At the risk of stating the obvious...

F*#K!

Reply #121906 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Did 3 of the 4 ligaments in the knee. Some lowlights available on YouTube, including the screaming for a good 15 seconds. Not good.

Reply #121911 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

I agree......its a shocker of a injury

I know guys who have done knees, and they cringe when i tell em i ruptured a achilles

But by the look of that vid, thats more serious than just a ACL....its every tendon in the knee his blown out, plus the fact he has had a Patella and tibia/femoral dislocation......Thats Fucked....excuse the language...but

I know, its a NBA athlete, and there will be millions spent to get him right

Personally....i think he wont be the player he couldve possibly been

Reply #121918 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The dud even missed the layup!

Reply #122122 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Ur a dipshit Anon #122122

You wouldve been screaming Mummy Mummy Help

Reply #122140 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That injury cost him his carieer

Reply #129028 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:58 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754